Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
I use a copperhead at home and a Boomslang at work. I have 2 extra copperheads in boxes from woot I bought for like 35 each just for the hell of it for a good price as spares. Nothing beats the Boomslang though - http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Boomslang-Collectors-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B0010XR33I/ - well worth the $100

Y2J fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

People are having a lot of bad luck with Razer's. I must be the exception, cause Ive had this Boomslang for approx 2-3 years now and havent had any issues, nor did I with the original Boomslang. Its limited - 2 main buttons,2 side buttons and a wheel - but its the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. Maybe its just the newer, strangely named models that have issues, though this one still is pricey at $100 for zero special features other than the shape

Y2J fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 29, 2010

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

kingcobweb posted:

I've been using a Razer Diamondback for the past six years or so, and the left click has become a bit inconsistent lately.

What I'm looking for: high resolution (I barely move my hand at all to use this mouse, which I love), wired, on the bigger side, and not overly weird and asymmetrical. Don't have too much need for lots of buttons, but I like the back/forward on the thumb that my current mouse has.

Should I still be looking at Razer, or are their products overpriced? Currently looking at the Lachesis.

I have a lachesis coming from a diamondback. Ive come to like it almost as much as the diamondback. I think its worth a try, you can always return it. Now if only I could find a boomslang 2007 (laser version) itd be awesome