Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Any recommendations for a mouse/keyboard mat? I just bought the cheapest one on amazon that was the width/height I wanted. Not for gaming, just office work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WWWNR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the cheapo mat came in today. so far it feels great, we'll see how it holds up. lol @ using a pokemon mat but i remember seeing a kid playing cards with it and thinking it would be a good mouse mat.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I'm using the MM300 extended now because I got it on a ridiculously cheap sale, when it's at a discount it's a fantastic buy

link for anyone else curious. the pattern on that looks rad

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-mm300-extended-antifray-cloth-gaming-mouse-mat-gray-black/4800702.p?skuId=4800702

cheapo pad update: it kinda smells that cheap-clothing-that-needs-to-be-washed-on-high-smell. but i think it will go away in a few days.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they day my mx518 stops working is the day i stop playing pc games.

i picked up this cutesy Anker 'vertical' mouse on a deal the other day, it just arrived at the office.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIFNTMC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it is nice and comfy but its so light! I dont' think I'll be able to use it if i dont' figure out a way to weigh it down.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to experiment with trackballs. Specifically ones that are ambidextrous - I'm left-handed but I've always moused with my right hand.

Does anyone have an ambidextrous trackball they would recommend?

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ptarmigans posted:

I've been using a wired Kensington Expert Mouse (which despite the name is a trackball) for the last year or so and I have zero complaints.

Thanks, that was one on my shortlist. I'm going to give it a go

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

The Bluetooth one is improved in ways other than being wireless. I'd check it out, might or might not be worth the up charge but it's worth investigating.

i went with the wired one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my keyboard is solar-powered and i don't mind a single wire, but i do dislike having to worry about batteries. if i decide to stick with trackballs i'm sure i'll upgrade at some point

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Klaaz posted:

I'm lefthanded and use a right handed only Logitech M570 because it's a fantastic product. It was pretty easy to get used to, a lot easier then using a regular mouse with your weak hand. I still use left handed mouses for gaming, I like to think using a trackball for office work with my wrong hand keeps my 'gaming' wrist in a healthier condition.

Wait I don't understand, which hand are you using the M570 in?

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Klaaz posted:

In my right hand

got it. I thought you were using a right-handed trackball in your left hand and I was very confused. I've always moused with my right hand too but I'm curious about mousing with my left just-because.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My trackball arrived. It's awesome, I'm surprised how natural it feels trackballing left-handed because mousing left-handed never felt good. I am very likely to pick up a nicer wireless one in the future though. I feel what you were saying before about the scroll wheel SymmetryrtemmyS, it is a very convenient place for a scroll ring but this one is janky as hell.

Careful Drums fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 16, 2018

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Having read that all I want to do now is get a trackball that I can stick an 8ball into.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

CST L-Trac, friend. You can also plug in two additional buttons of your own design, or they sell add on buttons.

Glad I started with a cheaper trackball because I'm very likely to buy one of those in the future. I have an answer to the thread title: "Yes, but only if its a trackball"

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

64bit_Dophins posted:

I'm about to buy a 1060 used from one of my friends who barely used it so I was going to get a new case to fit it in anyways. I'll just look for a case PSU bundle that's decent and on sale.

Would you recommend the SteelSeries Rival 110? I'm about to pull the trigger on it because it's more in line with my current budget.

It looks pretty solid to me, and is corroborated by reviews. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/02/steelseries-rival-110-gaming-mouse-review

Trackball day 3 trip report: I really enjoy using this thing! I was kind of expecting to get tired of it by day 3.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wolrah posted:

Vertical mice are kind of a love it or hate it thing.

Definitely my experience. I thought I wanted a vertical mouse but it turns out I really wanted a trackball.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lordfrikk posted:

Any opinions on the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless set? The mouse is okay but I don't like it enough to buy something with a huge Windows logo on it. The keyboard was pretty nice.

I have this set in my desk at work and every few weeks I think I want to use it, then try it for an afternoon, then decide that no, I don't want to use it.

The mouse is huge but it's nice for my relatively large hands, but my trackball ends up being better. And the keyboard is a nice novelty until I want to reach the g key with my right hand or the h key with my left hand :/

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress yeah new mx518s. I still use mine from 2006.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fletcher posted:

Hell yeah! Loved that mouse

Wow man that's dedication

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In definitely going to pick one up but I don't pre-order things as a rule and I'd rather buy from MicroCenter or Newegg. So I too am waiting for the actual release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so much adblock on this site. is it available anywhere other than amazon?