Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I want a new mouse. I use a G502. I grip it from the sides, using my middle finger for wheel and right click while using my ring and pinky to the right of the mouse. Wheel is why I want to replace it, but the 502 is actually a little on the large side for me.

What do you think of

G303
Corsair Sabre
Deathadder Chroma

Sabre is the most expensive for me, while the G303 is the cheapest, and Deathadder Chroma is somewhere in the middle. I do like the G502 having extra buttons to the side of the left click, and I use them for copy and paste which is why I have the Corsair Sabre in consideration. Mousewheel from the right to open links in new tabs. I don't really like Razer much because I've already gone through 4 Deathadders, but maybe their latest stuff is better I dunno. 303 might solve the size issues I have. I know I like the Deathadder feel but their QC seems iffy. Buying all 3 and just trying them all out and selling them off is also a possibility, but I can get the Deathadder Chroma and 303 together. help

Also if anyone knows of any other mice which have little buttons to the left of the left click like the 502 and Sabre have definitely say something because I would also consider them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I ordered the G303, Chroma 2015, and EC2-A. I'll try all of them and sell off what I don't like, or maybe just keep them. money is not exactly an issue

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Oh hey: http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum/topic/211-calculator-desktop-mode/

Man, as a complete sperglord, it's awesome coming back to pc gaming and finding places like blurbusters.com and mouse-sensitivity.com

Overwatch is only available for premium members apparently

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Just wanted to say that I got my G303 and Deathadder Chroma in, and here's what I've come up with:

G303

Shape is good but it's a little weird to begin with and definitely takes some time to get used to. I would only recommend this mouse to someone who seriously claws their mouse like I do, with their ring and pinky to the right of the right click. Mousewheel feels a little rubbery and I'm not really sure what to make of it just yet, but it doesn't look like it can go the same way my G502 did which is a complete and utter mess. Profile button has no indication of what profile it's on. This seems like an oversight.

Side buttons are a little too small for my liking, I have to move my thumb into an odd position every time I want to use them, although it's not really a huge deal. Backlighting is pretty nice even though I probably won't be using it much if at all. It's nice that the Logitech Gaming Software automatically detected and switched from my previous mouse to this. Mouse 1/2 are incredibly responsive as is the sensor which honestly feels like the best I've ever used, although I'm no PC gamer so.

Deathadder Chroma

Why do I have to register an account just for the loving software? And why is there no Deathadder Chroma drivers, just a program called "Razer Synapse" which I have to use? I went to the main Razer site and found a bunch of things with no real explanation as to what they actually do. Software looks like an absolute edgy awful mess, but I guess it does the job? There's no support for the Razer Sphex mousepad which I've been using, but it seems like they have support for every other kind out there.

Side buttons are far better than the 303. They're big and very easy to press. There's rubberized grip below the side buttons and to the right of the right click which I don't recall being there on the previous 3.5 Deathaddder. I do like the backlighting and I wish I could get the same effect on the 303. It's cool how certain games will react with the lighting, but it isn't really necessary.

I did notice that I tend to lift off my mouse and position it quite often, so the Chroma feels really large after having used the 303 for a day or so. I really don't like how large the Deathadder Chroma is.

Anyway, winner is the g303. I have an EC2A coming in which I'll also try out.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

whalestory posted:

I just got the zowie ec2-a and I dig it.. except that it's hella slippery and I can barely get a good grip on it for lifting :'(

Where did you order from? I couldn't find them in stock anywhere so I had to order from Amazon Germany.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I noticed my totally brand new Deathadder Chroma rattles when I push the mousewheel upwards. Is this normal? I'm selling it regardless but still

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

ufarn posted:

Have you tried outright shaking the mouse?

It doesn't rattle, it's just the mousewheel upstroke is way louder than the downstroke. My 303 and 502 are fine.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Aranan posted:

When I moved three months ago, I found three of those in ziplock bags in my cable box.

I got rid of two of them, even though I think they were in perfectly good condition. :(

Are there MX518 fakes out there? This guy has a truckload http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Logitec...AQAAOSwAL9Ub-6F

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I'm surprised they aren't worth hundreds of dollars by now, like some trackball mice, the G9, and the MX Revolution

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I think you're thinking of the g9x

They were all the rage back in 2011. K1llsen of Quake and a few Korean Starcraft 2 pros used them. People were using them without the shell, which did make the side buttons almost entirely inaccessible, but for people who only needed left/right it was a pretty great mouse.

I only sold mine because it was laser and I wasn't playing any games on PC which justified needing it

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Per posted:

Which mouse does the thread recommend to someone who is aghast to discover they don't make MX518s anymore? From pictures it seems like the G400s looks somewhat similar?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Logitec...AQAAOSwAL9Ub-6F ?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Ec2a is p nice so far, the lack of software is also nice. Wish I could turn off the LED period though

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Neitherman posted:

I just got a Razer Mamba TE (right around $100 after tax) and it's the most responsive, comfortable, and hypnotizing mouse (yes, it's Chroma enabled) I've ever used. Plus, it's corded! No regrets here.

Edit: Now I'm so sorely tempted to pick up the Firefly mouse pad to go with it. drat you Razer and your mesmerizing flashing lights...

The sensor can't detect small movements, it has delay, and has a weird z-axis issue.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

I have been rotating the g303, ec2a, and deathadder chroma (all plugged in at once, all on the same windows sensitivity, dpi, and in-game sensitivity) and changing them randomly for the last month while playing in Overwatch.

all of these were done on the razer sphex hard mousepad, I can't find any soft mousepad that I like because they make the mice feel heavier and I can't find a hard mousepad to replace the sphex I've been using for ages. help?

ec2a has the best mousewheel - the new benq models, which are 16-step. it feels like you're running your hand against pages of a closed novel, and since I use the upstroke instead of lshift I like the fewer steps, it's just more consistent
deathadder chroma has the best sensor - it's either the sensor or shape but I feel like it's just slightly better than the others
g303 has the best buttons - by far the best buttons of all mice I've used so far. mwheel is also completely consistent but I wish it had fewer steps but w/e

and for the negatives:

ec2a's coating feels... sticky. I can't clean it enough, it still feels like this, it's not a huge deal, but I just don't like it. I wish I could turn the LED off
deathadder chroma's mousewheel is rattly on the upstroke. also I have this kind of issue where I can be pressing a button on this thing and not actually feeling like I'm pressing a button. I could do without the added grips under the side buttons and to the right of the mouse
g303 - no real complaints but I sometimes press the right click accidentally due to the way I hold the mouse, and it could do with a non-braided cable like the ec2a, and yeah the dpi button is useless since it gives no indication of what dpi profile you're using

I decided to try something different and ordered a Steelseries Rival 300 in white, specifically white because they're glossy and not matte. I'm hoping it's not too big for me

I'm running out of mice to buy.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
OW doesn't seem like a game that needs super low sensitivity, is this mostly for Widowmaker?

http://on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/

Sensitivity is 400~1600 DPI spread, 3~13 in game sens.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I recently got a MM600 for free due to a technicality and it's very close to the same material on the Razer Sphex, so it's pretty viable for people who like hard pads.

I have a P-SR sitting around somewhere which I forgot to cancel my order on but I've never been interested in soft pads because it feels like it's weighing the mouse down.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I use an Akasa Venom XXL which is 89x45cm, which is more than enough to hold my keyboard/mic and small/medium soft/hard mousepad on top of it. I wouldn't use it as a mousepad but it's a nice base. I have a glass desk so something like this is pretty much required, especially in summer.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Deviant posted:

Am I right in remembering that Razer mice are non-starters because the sensor goes after about a year?

I have gone through, no joke, 4 Deathadders since 2009, and the brand new Chroma version I have has a rattly mousewheel. My Filco mechanical keyboard from 2009 still works perfectly fine.

And within a year or so my G502 mousewheel is starting to corrode. I'm using the G303 now and liking it a lot, but otherwise, I would recommend probably the EC2A or ZA13 since they're all in the same size range. Deathadder is slightly above this range. There's only really one reason to use a Deathadder - they're easy to obtain unlike Zowie, and their optical sensor is the best on the market. Otherwise you might as well be better off just sticking to Logitech whatevers. If they make a Logitech G9 with an optical sensor I will be first in line.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Lungboy posted:

What would be the closest current mouse to the G9?

G303, trust me on this. If they make another G9 version with an optical sensor I'll be replacing my G303 with it, but the only mouse that I have found even close to the G9 is the G303.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Price and braided cable ruins it for me.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

BJPaskoff posted:

How long is that though? I've heard complaints that Razer mice only last 2-3 years, which hardly passes as a complaint to me because my Logitech MX518 and G400 only lasted 2-3 years.

From late 2009 to mid 2015 I went through 4 deathadders. there's no reason to buy their stuff now that Zowie exists.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Is the wireless G403 undercutting the cost of the G900? anyway is there a place other than the logitech site to buy it from I'm not from the US

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Also of note, Zowie uses Huano switches vs Logitech's Omrons, which makes a difference in how the main buttons feel to click.

I've been alternating between a G303 and EC2A during OW, both plugged in at once, and it definitely feels like the Logitech has better buttons. Even though I main support even things like being able to accurately heal targets as Mercy feels faster on the 303. Hopefully the G403 will help a lot of people who can't use the G303.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Goo posted:

I think it's very unlikely there will ever be a resurrection of G9.

I don't understand why though. It was the smallest, lightest, best mouse with the shell off and had great buttons. The only reason to not use it now is the sensor.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Goo posted:

Affinity for a product is not the same as popularity. It's a difficult business decision to justify.

Is that why they discontinued the MX518?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Trying to find out some info re: Zowie mice. I have an EC2A recent version with the red logo and Huano switches, did the previous ones with the white logo have omron?

Trying to find out as I actually prefer ambidextrous mice like the G303, so I'll be buying a ZA13, but I prefer omron.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

No Zowie has always used huano switches for the EC series

They did for a time, but they had a product recall. They do exist though.

Anyway, when the gently caress am I going to be able to order the wireless G403?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I'm confused as to when the G403 is actually going to loving release. Newegg says November, some sites say 25th, 20th, 17th Oct. I went ahead and ordered from a local site selling it for US$93 shipped.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Green Gloves posted:

I did a search on Reddit and people who ordered on Logitechs website said that theirs had shipped a few days ago.

Newegg says 10/01 for the g403 and 9/25 for the gaming pro.

$93 is a fuckload for this mouse. I can wait for this mouse no thanks.

It's the wireless version. Sadly I don't think Logitech's website allows international orders.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

well why not posted:

can anyone recommend one of those xl mousepads? I'd prefer black with no logos and fairly smooth, probably 90cm x 40cm or so. I'm in the UK.

Akasa Venom XXL

890 x 450 x 3mm

Mionix Alioth XL

90cm x 40cm x 0.3cm

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

WanderingKid posted:

My 4th just died today. 4 in 6 years. (1) double left click, (2) wheel stopped clicking + double left click, (3) wheel stopped clicking + not scrolling (4) wheel stopped clicking.

Purchase dates = 24 November 2010, 13 August 2011, 13 February 2014, 08 March 2015

scroll wheel assembly partially salvaged from (2) and (3) but they died quickly. I have a drawer with all of them stuffed in for spares. Its a deathadder graveyard.

Guess its back to ambidextrous now (left handed).

That's what I'm saying mang. Don't buy Razer's garbage. I guess their mousepads are okay though (?) I used a Sphex for many years on top of a desk sized mousepad, and liked it. The Goliathus Speed/Control seem pretty popular, I don't know much about them though (prefer hard mousepads). In fact, there's so many mousepads out there, I don't even know where to begin.

Polite reminder that the Razer Synapse software requires an account to download and logs in to sync:

But back when I first bought a Deathadder in 2009, the software looked like this:

Got it home, plugged it in, downloaded this, clicked 1000Hz and it stopped working permanently.

I... I don't like Razer ok.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Picked up a G900 for half price used, it's nice but feels stupidly heavy compared to my G303. Had to remove the freaking right handle because it protrudes into my right ring finger. Not much else to say. I'm not sure if I can tell the difference between wired vs. wireless of if it's just a placebo, but I do feel like it's slightly slower in that regard in FPS with 120hz strobed.

Also picked up a Zowie ZA13 white logo version with Omrons, which are actually loud as gently caress (someone in my house thought it was a bird or something outside making a sound, until they realized it was this mouse), and the mousewheel on the ZA series is HORRIBLE. Like, holy gently caress, it feels awful. It's fine on the newer EC2A even if it is a bit raised, but the previous version is very very very hard to press in.

So yeah, mouse count is something like... G303 (fantastic), G502 (productive, not really good for gaming), EC2A (decent but the coating feels weird and the side buttons are a bit cheap), G900 (feels like the entire frontend could be lowered, right pane is awkward), Rival 300 (utter garbage, do not touch) and the ZA13 I guess. I sold the Deathadder Chroma I had because it a) had a lovely scrollwheel and b) I really don't want a fifth Deathadder giving me problems in the future. Also, I forgot to mention that the ZA13's also made for non-normal people: which means buttons on the right side as well, but unfortunately this means accidentally clicking in the buttons with your ring finger.

I would like to try the Finalmouse Classic Ergo and Tournament Pro but unfortunately they don't ship to NZ and I'm having a hard time finding anywhere that actually has them in stock.

I've heard good things about the G Pro but in all likelihood it's not better than the G303.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

apostasy. posted:

i've had my g303 for a year now and can still barely tolerate it, it's never felt properly comfortable in the hand and hurts my wrist after 40+ mins of dming

it doesn't look like there's a better/safer option than an ec2-a, any reason to get a diff mouse? i loved the intellimouse, i have 17/8.5cm hands and palm grip

G Pro is basically the G303 for people who can't stand the G303's shape.

Maybe check out the Zowie ZA series too.

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 8, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Chillyrabbit posted:

Still working out on my G Pro, I had the 302 which is basically a cheaper version of the g303 same shape but different sensor.

Everything about it feels different so far the alternate mouse buttons are shaped differently, and the middle click feels weird. Right now it feels like it takes too much force to middle click but I may have to wear it in since the 302 had a very much lighter middle click in comparison.

I don't have any experience with the G Pro honestly, I'm just going off what other people have had to say about them, so you're probably better off taking other people's advice rather than mine for now. I brought it up mostly because it's an ambidextrous design as are the ZA line, and doesn't seem to have a ton of complaints like people had with the 303, but I'm perfectly fine with the 303 and it's actually what I'm using right now, so. It's good. Even though I have a ton of mouse experience it feels like there's still a ton of others out there that I've yet to try. Also including the Zowie FK2 and FK1+... I just can't keep buying mice to try and sell off routinely.

Is there even a mouse on the market that's lighter than the G303 right now?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Hori uses 3988, non-braided cable. DM1 Pro S uses 3360, has a terrible braided cable, and comes in matte/glossy. Scroll wheel is fantastic. Not sure on the other one but it looks like the best bet.

DM1 Pro S is also a fingerprint magnet even though it is very much a matte mouse. I wouldn't recommend it myself, just because I can't claw grip it and find it too wide.

I'm surprised Steelseries haven't released a Sensei with an updated sensor, since it's so popular.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Meanwhile, in Razer news:

[lots of angry dyed hair people later]

Finalmouse Scream is finally on Amazon, btw. I ordered one through a proxy, because of course they don't ship internationally. Still uncertain on this DM1 Pro S sitting on my desk, I've been using the G303 mostly. Will report back anyway.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I've never understood the logic of playing to an audience that does not like you or buy your product

Turns out a lot of them actually do and were offended by it, I'm also not surprised that they do since Razer is bottom of the barrel entry level poo poo for people that don't want to do their research.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
they talk about my delays

I ordered one through a proxy. I'm curious and also pretty hopeless. Set up all my mice at once and realized that I have so many now that my mousepad doesn't cover all of them.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
What do people think of mouse bungees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Put some 0.6mm "performance" mouseskates on my 502 and it feels very nearly as good as the stock Zowie EC series mousefeet, which I consider to be the best gliding ones.

They were like 89 cents on ebay with free month long shipping from china. Not sure how that company makes a profit.

If the 502 wasn't heavy as dogshit it would probably feel actually better than Zowie with these but the weight causes it to stick a bit going from a standstill to movement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...uff-from-china/