Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So, looking for a new mouse. I'm a Logitech fanboy, so of course was looking at the G700, but thought I would ask anyways: is there anything in the same price range that's equivalent/better/different that is still as ergonomic/flexible?

VVV Wired. Personal pref, but I much prefer wireless.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
FYI, Newegg's got $10 off the g700s for a bit. Broke down and bought one for myself.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So it's that time again. The switches on my G700 have finally poo poo the bed completely, and I need a replacement.

I love the logitech shape, and the switchable scroll wheel is a lifesaver, so I guess I'm stuck with the brand. Is the G502 a good choice, or is there a better one? Looked at the PRO, but those rightside buttons are a killer for me, since I grip hard right where they are.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Atomizer posted:

Is your G700 still under warranty? Feel free to contact Logitech CS and see if they'll do anything. Otherwise, if you liked the G700, why not get another? How about a G703?

Way out of warranty, and the g703 seems to have nothing in common with the 700 function or shape-wise, which is why i'm asking about the 502. Ideally I would just get another 700, but they've been out of production for a while-which is why I'm asking for advice.

Speaking of which, does any other company do the switchable/clutched scroll wheels? I'd be open to ideas, but don't even know where to start.

Rexxed posted:

If you're handy with a soldering iron you could replace the switches, but due to the age of other components I could understand the desire for an upgrade:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Logitech+Wireless+Gaming+Mouse+G700+Left-Right+Click+Button+Replacement/95701

Yeah I've actually opened up the switches and fixed the little copper membranes before, but at this point I just don't feel like messing with all that again.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

everythingWasBees posted:

Really if there was a wireless mouse with the 502 form factor and dps toggle I'd never need another mouse again.
It's the only mouse that fits my hand perfectly. I just wish it was wireless.

You just described the G700 :rip: No idea why they stopped making some version of them.

One more question-has anyone used/messed around with the Swiftpoint Z (http://a.co/d/4Ah4sSB)? It sounds like a really cool idea, but I'm super leery of ~kickstarter things~

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LordAdakos posted:

I've been looking at that for a while now. It looks cool, if a bit gimmicky for the joystick stuff. I like the button system though.... I've been tempted to get one. Is it on sale right now or is it just always 99 usd?

Supposedly it's a sale on right now. And same, I'm mostly interested in the pressure-sensitive button assignments, but the amount of.. stuff... crammed into it makes me concerned about how long any of it will actually function.

Ordered a 502 for now, gonna keep an eye on the Z just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got the G502 and jesus christ is it tiny compared to the 700. Guess I got too used to having a big ol' behemoth of a mouse, even though I wouldn't say I have huge hands or anything.