Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

404notfound posted:

:words: About the Naga 2014

Can you compare it with the G600 at all? Can you compare the side keys to any other mechanical key? Can it store it's functions onboard, or do you ALWAYS need Synapse connected, say between a desktop and laptop rig; and do the profiles migrate or are they individual to each machine?

These are the things weighing on my mind to see if it's worth losing my pinkie finger key (I got really addicted to that one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

gropemotron posted:

I'm in the market for a new mouse, but having the hardest time finding a left handed or ambidextrous mouse with the features I want. I like extra side buttons I can map stuff to. With my current mouse, the Razer Lachesis, my thumb can't comfortably reach the side buttons. I also think I need a wider mouse, I get slight cramps in the base of my thumb as if I was clasping something too tightly.

The mice like the RAT and Razer Ouroboros are really cool with how you can change the length/height of the mouse etc, as I'm not super happy with the form factor of the mouse I have now. But the only left handed one is the ouroboros and its 150$. I'm kind of afraid of getting a new mouse again and realizing I'm not comfortable with the form factor again.

The new Razer naga has a lefty version, but it doesn't come with the cool detachable side panels to change your grip either.

It's really hard to buy a new mouse when all the stores near me don't have display mice that I can put my hands on, except for super cheap mice. I'm really reluctant to buy a mouse again without seeing it and being able to play around with it.

The new Razer Naga, if I'm not mistaken, has a really similar shape and feel to the G600; if that's the case I can affirm the grip is comfy.

I am a palm gripper, and my hand is 7.5" from heel to middle finger tip, and 4" from the side of my pinkie to thumb tip, with my fingers closed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

404notfound posted:

So I messaged Razer support about Synapse not working with hibernation, and this was their response:

So the fix for hibernation mode is to disable hibernation mode? :wtc:

That second set of bullets looks more promising; I suspect it's a bot, honestly.

A bot named Gary.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

404notfound posted:

I tried disabling the selective suspend thing, then restarting and then hibernating, and it didn't do anything.

I'm going to yell at support some more and see if maybe I can get somebody who at least knows what the hell I'm talking about.

My main computer's mobo (P9X79 Pro) had a weird USB power saving thing in the BIOS that was a bitch to disable, and made my life a living hell (due to the fact I had some active DVI-DL adapters that used USB power).

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lethial posted:

Late to the reply. But I also just got a Naga 2014 and I do have a G600, so I will give some hardware comparison, let me know if you have some more specific questions:

1. Naga is lighter than the G600 and it has a more "grainy" texture than the G600.
2. The thumb buttons are smaller than that of G600, but feels more protruding. What I mean is that with the Naga, I can actually reliably click the nearest (to the wrist) column of buttons using the lower part of my thumb, which allows me to keep my thumb on the middle column (this helps counter with the fact that the Naga doesn't have indentation on the buttons to let me know where my thumb is)
3. The naga is less bulky than the G600 (shorter and wider) so there is less thumb travel for the thumb buttons. It also has a more rounded back.
4. The scroll wheel is wider and just as clicky as that of G600. Also, less force is required to activate the tilt wheel buttons, that is not to say that it is easier to misclick the tilt buttons, since there is a distinct click for the tilt and the wider wheel means that it is more stable. However, the "clicking-feel" of the middle mouse button is less distinct.

Software side of things has already been covered by others, but yeah, I wish the software is better...

Thank you. The only things that are stopping me right now are software and that ring finger key. I wonder if I can hack the two mice together; wouldn't be the dumbest thing I've broken. I like how the G600 handles drivers and profiles, I like the Naga's side buttons.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lethial posted:

Heh, yeah, I hope maybe Goo will take a look at the new Naga and incorporate some of the features into future logitech MMO mouse.

Software issues aside, I also greatly miss the freespin mouse wheel of my G700S.

Everyone misses the freespin...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Goo posted:

For nearly any feature that anyone loves and thinks everyone else should too, I can usually find an equal number of people who complain that it is garbage and never should be used on any product ever. Hyperfast scrolling is included in that statement.

"Everyone I talked to that had the freespin feature on their mouse, and most people to whom I spoke to on the internet about this feature, specifically mentioned missing that feature on their mouse when they eventually changed mice, and wished they could find a mouse with different, specific features they enjoyed from other previous generations of mice," doesn't really roll off the tongue though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carteret posted:

How people can complain about features that do not effect the functionality of what they like blows my mind.

Spoken on the $100 mouse thread

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

KinkyJohn posted:

I am posting in this thread with my new g600. The build quality feels really nice, and it's perfectly shaped to accommodate my manhands. I see there's new firmware on the logitech site. Will that improve the performance a lot?

Not really, but do it anyway. Maybe it'll fix the cable fraying issue.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

greth posted:

Is there a "keypad" mouse out there other than the Naga or the G600? I'm interested in the G600 since my naga is going to doubleclick hell and I'm basically addicted to having all those buttons, but I was wondering if there were other options.

Also, what are good ideas for mousepads? I currently use a Goliath-s, but I'm getting sick of needing to keep it clean. A hard pad would be fine,but I don't have a lot of space as my desk is currently configured.

Those are really the only two options for the crazy buttons club.

I don't like the Razer software: there's no on-board memory, so I NEED it on if I want to use the top keys as something other than "Mouse 1-5". I do like the overall feel of it better than the G600.

I don't like how the G600 made a "hot-spot" in my palm after a while of use, but I loved the on-board memory, so I never had to have the driver after I configured the mouse as I liked.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Are there any mice with the good Avago sensor that don't have a rubberized coating?

I really prefer mice without it (who sweats that much to lose grip on a mouse?) because it always the first thing to show wear and then I'm compelled to replace the mouse.

I don't know what that is, but I will say that you should look into Plastidip. I use it on most of my wear and tear surfaces, because I can just peel it off and re-do it if there's an issue.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Arione posted:

anyone tried the new 2013 mechanical naga?

I have one.

Awesome mouse. Terrible drivers. Have fun deciding what to do.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I like TekMats for whole desk mats.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kiwid posted:

Anyone use the G600 MMO mouse? How is it?

Also compared to the Razor Naga, what would you prefer (ignoring price)?

I have both and even it breaks down like this for me:

Ergonomics: Razer Naga 2013. Easier to press the side keys and it's just slim enough to not make the middle of my palm sweat.

Drivers: G600. loving synapse crashes all the time and is horrible. Meanwhile the G600 had the profiles I made two years ago stored and I never need to install a driver to work.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You just figured out why they're not common and kinda dumb if you don't have carpal tunnel.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just joined the G700s club for my work computer.

Owns so many bones, especially for the giant scroll lists I need to do.

Looks like poo poo though, sorry goo.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 5, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Peanut3141 posted:

I'm not sure I'd call 10% off heavily discounted, unless it's gone back up recently.

Last week it was 75

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

IronSaber posted:

Do you happen to know of any specific models? I've been shopping around and haven't found one that matches my needs.

I know my G600 and G700s both do it; I don't use this feature, though, so I can't comment if the profiles for these stay on the mouse -- e.g. you set up the macro on computer A with the Logitech software, store the profile on the mouse, move it to computer B without the software and your macros still work.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jan posted:

Are you sure this applies to macros and not just the on-board profiles? The latter is much more limited in the scope of things it can do.

I can't comment because I don't know; I do know that I don't need to install the software for a second computer to know what my mouse's hotkeys are. This is important to me because I don't have admin rights to my work computer; on the other hand I have never needed macros.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mindphlux posted:

is there anything better than the g9x out there? because this poo poo is loving ace

ur livin' like poo poo right now without a g700s

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

big mean giraffe posted:

Well for me, Logitech is the company I'm sticking with until something changes that, I've had great customer service experiences with them, and the g700s fits all my needs (wired and wireless is a must.) Plus it's comfortable and has a lot of neat buttons. So I don't really have a reason to switch mice.

The grip is so nice too; the contour and texture combo is perfect for me, and everything else is really nice. The hotkeys, the scroll, the onboard memory -- really hits all the high points for me and a lot of other users.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

big mean giraffe posted:

I can't comment on size, but best buy should have a display model of the Logitech gaming mmo mouse (g600?) you can touch.

I've had all the Nagas and the G600: the G600 feels like the fattest Naga plates.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm apparently the only goon on the planet who hated the Intellimouse because there wasn't a non-stupid way for me to control the mouse and have easy access to both side butts, so I always ended up clicking them at lovely times. Also, the ones I used always ended up having busted-rear end side butts so they would be all mushy and too easy to click.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kaschei posted:

From what I can find the G602 has the same sensor as the G100s which according to some guy on TeamLiquid has native dpis that are multiples of 250 between 250 and 2500.

That guy claims his "information comes directly from CPate who works for Logitech" but I can't find anything straight from the source.

quote:

The G602 steps from 250 and up. If, like me, you're not interested in installing any settings software, the default steps are 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 2500. For reference, I’ve been running mine at 500 with a Windows sensitivity of 6/11 and raw 1.0 sensitivity in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
.../
:spergin:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hell, I don't horizontal scroll ever, but I just program my side buttons to ctrl+tab/shift+ctrl+tab for tab switching.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Can't loving stand the track point. I'm alone in the world apparently.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

They pushed back the developer release until later this year. I was interested in it but now I'm not.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

big mean giraffe posted:

The g700s only has 4 side buttons, unless you're counting the top DPI switch buttons.

Yeah I just got confused as poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I lost my m705 and I need help;

My work doesn't allow "special" drivers so I need to find something that has programmable hotkeys with on-board memory. I have a G700s at home, and the battery life is just loving atrocious, so I can't trust it at work (different story, Logitech is working it out right now), and if there was a more pocketable version of that, it would be perfect.

Does the new MX Master have on-board memory profiles?

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 26, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kefkafloyd posted:

Unclear if it saves profiles or not. My MX Masters will be arriving today, so I can hopefully give a review or something soon.

Yeah, the site keeps saying "Use the software for bonus techniques!" but not really saying if those stay with the device or not. If they do, I'm sold completely, and will be on that poo poo like yesterday.

Thank you based Goo in advance.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Geirskogul posted:

OH poo poo BLUETOOTH!

Why did I buy an Arc?

Lmao what the gently caress why.

Thanks for the update kefkafloyd.

UGH WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN. loving got an MX Anywhere and it after a whopping THREE HOURS has a loving free-scroll click. It's loving maddening.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 27, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

necrobobsledder posted:

I'm mostly interested in the MX Master because of the 3-device pairings with a hardware switch. That's really nice for those of us on so many machines daily, including those that just never work all that well with KVM or USB switches (I have a 2-way USB switch across three computers and it's nuts I tell you).

It's also about goddamn time Logitech did a proper Bluetooth mouse that wasn't cheap poo poo. Not every device I want a mouse for has a USB port, and this is great.

I'm still curious what the "gaming" performance is like. Any word on latency, etc?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Told Logitech that my G700s wireless didn't work anymore, and they sent me a whole new mouse with no return required (I used email, which is always better than phone, IME). Thanks Goo!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bieeardo posted:

Dang it. I was all ready to pull my plastic out for a G602, because I'm a sucker for wireless and the thumb buttons look like they're in a nice position, but then I saw user reviews complaining about the same button wear issues I've got with the M705.

Might go with a G502. Just need to figure out a way to keep the cord from dragging too much.

IDK how much you use that thumb button but I found my 702 again and I had it for 6 months-ish. Definitely didn't have a problem with the thumb panel, though my fiance's is getting a dimple where the thumb switch hides underneath.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ynglaur posted:

Please note that Romulux did not request "bright colors and LEDs to show the world that you are an elite PC gamer".

Or lovely graphics plastered on it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zigmidge posted:

I just loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove when my g700 straight up forgets all the profiles it had stored in the on-board memory. Why even bother if it's going to do that at some point.

Contact support, I've had two for about a year and a half, never had that happen.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

killed my razer mamba this week. left click no longer works, all other functions still do.

budget is 100-200 aussie; i dont lift mouse during gaming, use a fairly low dpi and have largeish hands and use claw grip.

convince me not to buy a razer ouroboros.

Everything Razer makes, Logitech has done more competently with better customer service. That being said, they are light on fully ambidextrous mice; they only have the G300s or 300.

The G502 is loved by everyone here, and has 11 buttons and adjustable weight. I can't tell you if it's the best one for you because I don't understand how people use claw grip, and even attempting it on everything gives me a horrid hand cramp on the back of my fingers.

I had several Razer mice, including all three versions of the Naga, and a Taipan. They weren't awful mice (except for the first Naga being a horrid piece of dog poo poo and falling apart really loving fast) but the drivers made them the worst loving things I ever owned. You need the drivers on their latest mice and it's literally worse than Hitler.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

What the fuuuuuuuck that makes no sense.

Like, just look at the return of the MX Master. People loving love Logitech mice.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

No, it was basically like a TV's picture in picture where all the windows would fill up the screen at one time, made it super convenient for running multiple instances of video games and programs.

The button never did anything until I installed setpoint after every reformat so I don't think it was Windows related

App viewer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

eighty8 posted:

So I just picked up a MX Master. It is terrible so far on a brand new mackbook pro. The Unifying connector doesn't even seem to be detected. Regardless of that though, it is incredibly laggy on bluetooth. Completely unusable.

I am going to try it again on my PC, but this mac issue is almost enough to just make me return it outright. Are there some secrets to bluetooth performance I am just not aware of? My apple mouse never had this problem.

EDIT: Tried it on the PC, worked better than on the mac, but still pretty poorly. I can't justify the $100.00 for a mouse that performs like that, so back to the shop it goes.

What version of OSX? Make sure you don't have a bunch of old pairings in bluetooth settings; and yeah definitely contact customer service via the website -- they often send out new units free of charge without a return.