Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dbcooper
Mar 21, 2008
Yams Fan
I recently picked up a Logitech G9 (not G9x) from Best Buy's website for a hair under $50.00 (w/ tax and shipping). Its an online-only deal:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+G9+Laser+Gaming+Mouse/8472324.p?id=1185265538878

So far I'm quite impressed. It feels really nice and there are several features that I didn't have before; adjustable weights/dpi, different "profiles", click or free-spin scroll wheel, changeable grips, etc. It feels good and besides a early snafu where the weight tray got stuck inside the mouse (wouldn't eject), it has been a wholly positive experience. Best mouse I've ever owned/used. Going from a cordless (looks like a Logitech LX3 but is wireless) to a corded (G9) doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference.

I've only done some RTS gaming w/ this mouse, so I can't say how useful it is for other types of games (e.g., using the adjustable DPI on FPS').

Just a few months ago I saw a MS Sidewinder (I think) in Best Buy--one w/ adjustable weights, dpi, etc.--and thought "Wow, what a load of crap--who needs this?". I guess it makes a difference (or I've just been bamboozled).

Seems to work well enough in Windows 7 (64-bit) and Ubuntu 9.10 (amd64). I haven't tried any complicated configurations, YMMV.

I think someone previously asked what weight configurations people were using in their G9. I'm currently at 16g. I just went w/ what I felt was a middle-range, I haven't adjusted it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU