Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
I use Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 since many years
I have 4 at home and only one stopped working (Left click wasn't working after 2 years of daily usage)

It's reliable, precise, comfortable and there's 2 customizable previous/next buttons.

It can be yours for 36$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Received my G502 last week and be advised that the scroll wheel is pretty terrible, it doesn't do smooth scrolling in free wheel mode so that mode is kinda useless and not precise, my previous mouse was a Microsoft Bluetrack with real smooth scrolling and this is a deal breaker, apparently it comes from the new mouse not being setpoint compatible or whatever. Otherwise seems like a solid mouse but overpriced I think

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Tab8715 posted:

How solid does the G502 feel?

I'm still sporting a MX518, it's the perfect size/shape but a lot of the newer mice feel cheap? I can't crush it in my hand but I hate how I can feel it bend.

Can't bend it at all, feels really solid except the scroll wheel, the wheel itself seems strong (it's aluminium) but the mechanism feels it will not last long, mine is already starting to skip notches after a few days

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I currently have the G9x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261

Just recently the left-click and right-click seem to have wonked out on me. They double click a lot on one press and keep clicking when holding the buttons down as well. I tried cleaning the mouse and using air on the mouse, but nothing has worked. Nothing seems stuck, the buttons feel as normal as they should. I am out of the 3-year warranty time, but I have heard good things about logitech and mice warranties, any chance they would send me a new mouse? Or am I screwed and need to buy a new mouse.

Yeah no way they'll do a warranty swap on that, also since a few months, logitech support is pretty bad at least in europe. they don't want to warranty anything that hasn't been bought on the logitech website directly and tell you they can't do anything and to contact your reseller

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

MetalFish posted:

I was sent a brand new G502 before christmas in replacement for a 518 that not only did I not have a receipt for, but I purchased off Ebay.
Just had to give them the serial number.
Give it a go....

(UK by the way)

Was refused any kind of service for a less than a year old G35 headset with sound problem, it was under warranty and had receipt. Same thing for a keyboard with flickering backlight, they just told me to call the reseller (France)

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Do you guys know if there's a mouse that'll track on like, absolutely everything? I use a Microsoft Wireless 1000 mouse sometimes on my bedsheet, and sometimes on a clear glass table with nothing under it. It works on both but it skips on any bed sheet wrinkles, and skips a lot on the glass especially with fast motions, so I resort to using it on my thigh.

Also, is there any bluetooth mouse that can work within a motherboard BIOS? I'd like to save a USB port by using bluetooth, but I somehow doubt even the newest BIOS will recognize that.

On glass I had the best results with bluetrack sensors, but then it depends what kind of glass. It was working on most glass desks but then I found it didn't track at all on my glass coffee table (no obvious difference)

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
G502 is a good mouse with bad drivers and terrible scroll wheel

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
The G302 is supposed to have really durable switches, my G502 right click is already hosed after around 100 hours of dota which is kind of disappointing

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Goo posted:

PM me please. I would like to get your mouse to my engineering team.

Sure, you can send me the plat upgrade anytime

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

necrobobsledder posted:

There's always e-mails and IMs, guys.

So I'm looking for an inexpensive or cheap-ish mouse with at least two side buttons to replace my Logitech Revolution MX (eventually, it still works I'm just tired of the scroll wheel switching between free wheeling and click wheeling ruining my games and sometimes my desktop use experience). I'm looking for a cheaper version of this mouse possibly. Almost every inexpensive mouse I've seen expects you to be a 14 year old gamer or an office worker, and I don't see much in between that's capable of giving me enough buttons for both games and being a power user (I do like to setup some extra mouse buttons like for desktop switching). Suggestions?

This is the best cheap mouse I've used http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/comfort-mouse-4500 it's not marketed as a gaming mouse but it's more durable and have a better sensor than most gimmick gaming mouses on the market. I've had this model for a few years and while I bought many "higher end" mouses I always came back to this one, I've put mine to thousands of Dota hours and it still clicks great. For extra buttons you only get 2 side buttons (back/next) but that's enough for me, also the scrolling is amazing.

edit: don't be fooled by the pictures, it's about the size of a G502

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Goo posted:

You can find me on reddit as /u/LogitechG_Chris

yeah, I don't go to that site also I'm not sure what you want really, mouse will be warranty exchanged so unless there's any reason for me to pm you on external sites to talk about super secret stuff the best I can do is put a note saying "LOGITECH MLG CHRIS ASKED FOR THIS PIECE OF poo poo MOUSE FOR HIS ENGINEERS BUDDIES"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Returned my piece of poo poo G502 and received the replacement today, scroll wheel is now scrolling properly but some buttons need way less pressure to press than the other ones, the worst one is left click so I think they sent me a refurbished mouse, also the teflon pads are all warped.
G502 ownership has not been pleasant for me, I have the whole logitech set (G15, G502 and G35) and only the keyboard has been trouble free for me, I'm not buying logitech anymore.

As additional advice, stay away from logitech 7.1 headsets, they never work properly in games because of the lovely usb soundcard (crackling sound, volume going up/down for no reasons) and I had to RMA mine a few times for sound problems, then buy a new one because they refused to RMA it because some plastic was cracked (they all crack in the same spot, just go on logitech forums, it's so bad that a guy with a 3d printer is making mad money selling replacement parts) and then I bought the last one after last year big price cut and it is definitely not the same product, the sound is really bad quality compared to the old ones, pretty sure they just put cheaper drivers in them to lower the price.