Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
My g700 developed a problem where it would sometimes double click with a single click and I was going to just buy a new mouse, but someone told me to try logitech support because sometimes they might offer a discount for a new mouse when you have a faulty one out of warranty. I called and it turned out it was the day before the 3 year warranty expired and they're just sending me a new g700s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Eej posted:

So my G700 is starting to crap out on me, losing left clicks when holding both LMB and RMB together (it's an MMO thing). Should I RMA it or just pick up this newfangled G502 everyone's talking about? I do kinda miss the lightness of my old G9.

My G700's left click switch also started giving out, so I called Logitech about it and they sent me a newfangled G700s as a replacement.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

If you're under warranty, Logitech support will help you out. If you're not, they still might.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

The middle mouse button on my G700s has gone mushy and the next step is dead, rip. I wish Logitech would give it an update like the others in the gaming line.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

I just use it corded 100% of the time. If you plug it back in every day it's going to be fine.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

I only use it with 'on-board' mode and haven't had any problems with it. I had a problem with the g700 (non-s) where having setpoint installed meant the dpi settings didn't work properly. It wouldn't drop profiles, but the dpi settings were constantly wildly wrong until I nuked every last trace of setpoint off of my computer. Like it would say it was set for 2800, but acted more like 1200. But if I plugged it in a different computer, it would act like the dpi on board settings claimed.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Linus, you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

If the result is giving me a g700s replacement that lets it match the garish rainbow vomit on my keyboard when I'm using it and turning it off when I'm not, I'm okay with it.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

I have a g700s that has a dead spot on the scroll wheel and the right button switch is failing. Does anyone know of a mouse with a similar shape and preferably 4 buttons on the side? I guess I could live with 2 though. I was excited to see a g703, but it looks like a g403, but wireless, which is disappointing.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If you feel like voiding your warranty to stem the tide for just a little bit longer (assuming it hasn't already expired) giving the mouse wheel a clean can bring it back to life. Fuzz builds up in the ratchet mechanism, and can cause a dead spot.
Oh yeah, it's way expired at this point. I took it apart and cleaned it when the dead zone first appeared and it didn't solve it.

Ended up going with a g403, after debating between it and the deathadder. The side button placement and shape of the g403 was the ultimate decider, though my past experience with razer products contributed. I did kind of like the grippy material on the deathadder though.

The deathadder and the g403 were the only mice that felt close to the g700s that I could get my hands on. I'm getting a family member to pick up a refurb one at a microcenter near them for work though. I've gotten way used to the 4 buttons. I suppose I can live with 2 for gaming and just normal home computer stuff. I played a game of overwatch FFA and hooked Seoul Bunny over and over and over, so I think this mouse will do just fine.

Winks fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 3, 2018

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Tamba posted:

Same, but for the G700s.

I would kill for this. My scroll wheel died and I needed a new mouse right then and couldn't find one for less than $90 (which was also "refurbished") so I just went out and bought a G403 for $40. It works just fine and having less weight is nice, but man do I miss those two extra buttons.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

My ancient intellimouse still works despite way more use than every other mouse I've ever used. I had a g700 whose left click microswitch died right before warranty, the replacement g700s had a microswitch that died and another g700s I bought had its scroll wheel go out reasonably well outside warranty. I could cannibalize the two to make one working mouse, but :effort:

I like the g503 I bought to replace them, but I really wish we'd see a g700 refresh.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Every event I've gone to already had razer synapse/logitech/etc already installed and if you had some weird mouse that needed another driver an admin would gladly get it working.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Then how do you solve the moisturizer on the mouse problem. Things you touch just get dirty, guys.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

I used a g700/g700s for ~6 years and I couldn't stand the 502. I currently use a 403.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

The latest xbox controllers are also bluetooth capable, which is why I bought a new one, because I was tired of using the cord.