Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

After getting a Sharkoon Fireglider, i can finally say that i have a mouse that fits my hand, i have used a Naga and Rat-7 in the past but until now nothing fit well (don't have big hands but my fingers must be longer than the norm or something).

Are there currently any other mice that are considered larger than normal on the market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Even at maximum extension my Rat 7 was still small and cramped but the weight was fine, sooo sad. :(

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Betjeman posted:

For suggestions, I've just bought a Drakonia Sharkoon. My write-up is a few posts above. A few days in and I've got used to the thumb issue, and would still recommend it. It does have a pinky rest.
More expensive in USA than in Europe though. I guess that had to happen sometime!

I love my Sharkoon Fireglider so much i bought a second one, though i might just add that Drakonia to my christmas list.

How is it working out for a large hand btw? I have long fingers and the Fireglider is the first mouse i have ever found comfortable.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I love my G13 so much i now have two of them (a spare in case something bad happens :ohdear: ).

My only wish for them would be if they added a scroll wheel to it (tried the Nostromo, wish i hadn't).

I don't usually get so enthusiastic over input devices but it is awesome. :feelsgood:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Been trying out a Logitech G600 for a few days and it's not bad.

Had to disable the pinkie finger button as with large hands i have to use my third & fourth finger there to keep a grip on it.

Looks like my ideal mouse would be the G600 layout with the 6 G602 side buttons all put in a shell the size of a Sharkoon Fireglider (that extra 1/2 inch in length appears to be the clincher on usability for me).

Will give the 600 another month of usage but if i can't get used to it then it's back to my Fireglider.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

Func MS-3. The mouse I suggest to EVERYONE in this thread and probably the best mouse for man-hands

Large handed person reporting in, plugged my Func in a couple of minutes ago. :pervert:

Liking the finger support a lot, it's about 5mm shorter than my Fireglider and over 20mm wider (3/4inch) have yet to explore the profile switching but configuration is easy for all the rest.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jan posted:

After a little bit of use, I'm finding one thing that bothers me about the G602. Its sliding feet seem to snag easily on minor particles, so suddenly instead of sliding smoothly I'll feel something scraping. I recall that's a problem I had with the G7 and RAT7 that both went away with time, I think.

Since it's happened with every previous mouse, I suppose it's just something to be expected with this kind of sliding surface, but I'm wondering if using a mousepad or not might affect it. Never bothered with fancy gaming mousepads, for instance.

I'm getting that on my Func M3, think i need to be more tidy.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Hello, I'm currently using the Razer Deathadder mouse because its the first mouse that fits my big hands, but its starting to crap out on me so I'm looking to move away from it. Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard good things about the Feenix Nascita but in all the pictures I've seen of it it looks really small which is something I don't want to deal with. Got any suggestions? I use a palm grip when gaming if that's anything to consider.

Big hands here, started off with a Sharkoon Fireglider and later on i switched to a Func MS-3 which is a bit wider with support for all my fingers in a plam grip.

There are bound to be others but i'm currently happy with what i have.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

An interesting new mouse from Roccat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fagq3TVZ3vw :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

So my Func MS-3 had the whole cable shorting issue. I popped it open and looked inside and it looks like I'd need to lift the top board to get to it internally. Any idea if I could shorten and reinforce the cable somehow?

I wouldn't mind knowing that myself as i miss mine but am too annoyed with them to buy another atm.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jippa posted:

People have different sized hands and use different ways to grip the mouse. I just use my fingertips but some (most) people put their whole hand over it (palm grip).

My palm grip has my fingers overhanging the front by near half an inch.... stop making small mice dammit! :argh:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

I want an updated G13 with mech switches. The ones in the new G910 are fine, just don't use those same loving terrible keycaps.

G-13 forever, we really could do with a modernised one (perchance with a small scroll wheel included). :guinness:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

I'm thinking of throwing my G13 onto Ebay or something, How much should I sell it for? 35$

Brand new ones on Amazon UK are going for £50.... cheaper than the backup i bought last year. :(

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

This is about as sane as Corsair changing it's brand image last year. :bang:

Logi: a unit of poo. :magical:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

MeKeV posted:

Anyone here yet?

Or is this a thread full of good and strong wrists?

Had to switch to vertical mice recently, quite happy with my Anker and JTD mice (£10 & £17 respectively).

Good enough for me to play Path Of Exile but not sure they would be any good at CS:GO etc.

Vertical mice variety is quite limited.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

kindermord posted:

I always look for mice with a generous slope, and seeing this one with a ~massive~ slope, I ordered it last week on a whim. After using it for a couple days it seems almost perfect. The only dislikes I have are the 8 minute auto-shutoff (wtf why isn't my new mouse working after watching youtube? Oh!) and the rachety/indented/stepped scroll action.

The ONLY time stepped scrolling has been useful for me is selecting weapons in games where one step = one weapon. I don't play games much any more and the jerky scrolling while browsing is annoying af and might be a deal breaker. I'll give it a few more days to see if I acclimate but man it sucks so far.

I also hate that there doesn't seem to be a standard term for stepped/indented vs free/smooth scrolling and manufacturers hardly ever mention it anyway. You have to read user reviews and the reviewers tend to use all kinds of terms for it.

If someone knows of a vertical mouse with smooth scrolling as affordable as the Anker please point me in that direction.

My J-Tech Endurance also has stepped scrolling so you can rule that one out as well. :shobon:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

wolrah posted:

Vertical mice are kind of a love it or hate it thing. I'd recommend if you're curious getting the cheap Anker one (https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Ergonomic-Optical-Vertical-Buttons/dp/B00FPAVUHC/) and trying out the basic feel before committing to a $100 mouse you may not like.

Personally I love my Anker for general casual computering but find it unusable for gaming or anything requiring precision clicking. The vertical design means I tend to move the mouse a bit when clicking. I'd assume that will be similar across all vertical mice.

I have that one and the J-Tech one at £17.

Both are good and i use the J-Tech for gaming without issue.

Looking at the Logitech i can't see anything worthwhile to justify buying it.

I'm sure the build quality is good but it's a five button mouse and i can get ten Ankers for that price and get the same job done.

Bump it up to a seven-nine button mouse, steepen the angle to 70 degrees and for £130 and i would jump all over it for gaming. :blastu:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Atomizer posted:

I've used one or two of those Anker/miscellaneous vertical mice, but the wireless versions, and there was noticeable latency. If anything, the Logitech version will excel at that aspect so while it's still a little too expensive at $100, I'd be willing to go for a refurb around $60-80.

I hate batteries so mine are wired and i haven't noticed any latency, at the price they go for they could very well have skimped on the wireless tech. :eng99:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Just found out (a bit late) that Logitech have discontinued the G-13 Gamepad, shame. :d2a:

Glad i have two... now i just have to find out how to get them running in linux.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Goo...... tell them to hurry up with that new Logitech G-13 please (linux support greatly appreciated). :pray: :pray: :pray:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Audax posted:

That's a funny way to say G MX518

Just had to google that one..... who melted holes in it with a soldering iron, a shameful display. :cry:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rockopolis posted:

Anyone try the J-Tech V628 vertical mouse? My Anker vertical mouse's scrollwheel crapped out recently, and I'm going to break the rest of the mouse trying to fix it. Not sure if I want to just get another Anker, or try the other mouse.

Edit:
I managed to fix it and put it back together! I actually feel a bit of accomplishment. One goon project done!

I started off on that Anker but mostly use the JTD Scroll Endurance now, looks like it's the older model of that V628.

Prefer the JTD but there isn't terribly much difference in use. Both are a hell of a lot cheaper than the Logitech vertical mouse which looks to be just trading one the name which is a pity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

Yeah this is actually why I'm not looking into the Anker anymore. It's just $24 at the moment but that's $24 wasted if I don't like it or if I do and it eventually breaks in less than a year to a year.

Apparently, the Anker has issues for a lot of people on Amazon (and Logitech isn't without their own...I've had multiple mice from them that double click) but...yeah.

I've had the wired version of that Anker mouse since 2017... i have 3 of them on various computers along with a couple of J-Tech vertical mice, all working nicely (both are cheap mice).

I guess your mileage may vary. :-)