Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm looking to replace my Logitech MediaPlay with something wired and under $50 (in Canada). I haven't gotten into using a ton of mouse buttons for games yet, but at least an extra thumb button or two would be nice. I'd also like something without a loud scroll wheel (I think all Logitechs are okay? The Dell mouse I use at work is obnoxious though).

I think my main concern is with the shape. I guess I tilt my mouse about 30-45 degrees counter-clockwise, with the base of the knuckles of my ring finger/pinky resting on it. Most of the mice I've used are ambidextrous so I'm not sure how an asymmetrical mouse would affect that. (I'm right-handed.)

I'll probably need to play around with a few anyway, but any suggestions on what to look for? The Razer DeathAdder seems about right if I can get one on sale, or the Logitech G300 (doesn't have thumb buttons, but I could probably adjust).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I've currently got a steelseries sensei (the original one) and I've had enough of the squeaky mouse wheel. If I'm looking for something similar (ambidextrous, a couple thumb buttons, maybe a little flatter) should I just go with the razer viper or are there other/better options? I don't think the DPI button being on the bottom would bother me, and otherwise it looks pretty similar apart from being lighter.