Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I've got a G5 that's starting to go (actually the rubber on the mouse wheel has completely gone and is now actually causing physical irritation to my fingers!) and Logitech won't replace it under warranty because I don't have proof of purchase since it was a gift.

Looking at either the G500 or X8. Any comparisons between the two besides the X8 being wireless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Full Circle posted:

You can claim you owned an mx510 at some point in the past 5 years and logitech support will likely ship you a new g9 the next day no questions asked. I'm only slightly exaggerating.

This is apparently true everywhere except in Aus. :(

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

AlphaDog posted:

Hah, the G500 actually looks pretty sweet. If my G5 ever dies I guess I'll replace it with one of those. Mind you, the $150 AUD RRP on the logitech site made me :stare:

Try logitechshop in ebay. They usually have them for around $60.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Logitech shop had a massive sale recently so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just out of stock.

Also try their eBay storefront. It's sometimes cheaper.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Just bought a G300 for $10 but I'm wondering if there's a mouse with 2-3 thumb buttons that doesn't come with half a dozen leds or a multi coloured rainbow?

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 23, 2012

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Looking at getting a mouse for the office, if the G700 is the same price as the M950, is there any advantage in going for the M950? I use a G5 at home and it looks like the G700 has the same shape.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Riso posted:

I tried the Razer Deathadder in a store and found I kind of prefer that shape to my Mx 500.

I was wondering if there are some good mice with similar shape to it but cheaper. Not to mention better quality control than Razer, who seem to be rather shoddy and fail after two years.

The Logitech G300 is a bit closer in shape and should be cheaper.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

PRADA SLUT posted:

Which wireless mouse is closest to the Logitech MX518 / G500?

Probably the G700

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
How's the SteelSeries Sensei Raw?

I'm looking to replace the G5 with either that or the G500s. Benefits of the G500s include the extra thumb button and same shape as the G5 but its $88AUD vs. $~35 for the Sensei.