Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

So, I'm at the point where yet another g500 has developed double left click bugs. This is like, the third in a row warrantied mouse for the exact thing (i think this is the second warranty-replacement for the same problem?)

Anyone recommend a mouse? Prefferably without logitech's shoddy left-click sensors or cost-cutting. I'm coming from a g400 or g500 and I think its time to just ditch the brand.

Looking for:
Corded. Clickscroll. 1+ thumb buttons necessary. Withstands modestly heavy use.

Whats good this year? I'm kinda eying used Mx 518's on amazon, the series before the g500 crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Not a ton of great low-end gaming mice around. The G100s is one of the cheapest decent namebrand options at around $25. Roccat Kone Military is fairly okay parts but Roccat has absolutely terrible quality control and they straight up wont honor their warranties so I put them in the same category as Razor products. And for that matter, mice like the Naos or any Zowie product don't cost a whole lot more and are vastly better products.

Good advice, thanks. I've been looking at one of THese Guys as a replacement for a G500 that's out of warranty for replacement, and doubleclicking constantly.

Anyone know anything about Utechsmart? Its kind of between this and a G700; i'd be looking to expand my thumb buttons up to more than 3.

Blazing Ownager, could you share some more deets about that Red Dragon mouse? What kind of functions do you map on the thumbbuttons? How smooth is depressing it - any sort of jolt that throws off aim, or is it a smooth depress?
I could see myself using like, forward, back, enter. Push to talk. Sell me on this - do you really use all twelve for 'convenience buttons?' It kinda looks like the forward ones would be thumb-straining or inconvenient to hit regularly.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hey, i'm replacing an aging logitech g500, and i could use some advice. Modern logitech's just don't seem to have the unreasonable durablity they used to, and I think i might swap brands. Buggy left click sensors are/is getting untenable.

Does anyone have good experience with Red dragon or Utechsmart?

A few models i'm looking at

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Wired-Gaming-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B07FK9PKSM

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Programmable-Precision-Buttons-Windows/dp/B00GU8W5AE

https://www.amazon.com/UtechSmart-Venus-16400-Precision-Gaming/dp/B00FNKMVUO

https://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-HYPERTRAK-Precision-Programmable-Cartridge/dp/B00E64DTDQ/

Logitech g600

I've heard great things about the red dragon, and the latest model seems to have a better sensor on it, even if it is a little cheaper (and probably cheaply made)

I've been after a mouse with more thumb buttons for a while, and yeah, while mmo mouses are ridiculous, I really like having Enter on thumb - and would relish having copy/paste/ etc or other simple commands

I really like the g600's trio of thumb buttons. Forward, back and enter in the middle. Something with the similar, only more in the same area seems ideal for me.

Anyone have experience/suggestions?

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 24, 2018

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Alright, so I sort of forgot prime day was a thing.
I could use a mouse to replace a clickbuggy g500, but I've grown used to its features. Are there any recommendations for a close, tightly knight triple thumb button and both smooth & clickscrolling mouse out there?

Corded preferred. The last i looked (a year ago or whatnot) the g600s was similar.

Are logitech still super lovely switches that bug out after a year of solid use? I'm looking for more or less one mouse to adjust to and use for a while, but that won't break instantly. They used to be good, but :(. I would just get another g500 if I could, but they're hard to find/expensive/used.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/84wmg5/does_anyone_know_of_other_mice_with_4_side/ found while googling, relevant to my tastes

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 15, 2020

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I could use some advice. I'm looking for a mouse for gaming/light casual use that has a minimum of 3 thumb buttons on it. 5-6 would be great if they're close by, but nobody seems to make those anymore.

My g500 is dying, and I've gotten way to used to having back/forward and enter on the thumb button that I don't want to go back.

Unfortunately, it seems like I missed the wave of logitech's mmo mouse which would have been perfect, and most of their new stuff are only 2 thumb buttons.

I figure there's something out there, but its slightly demoralizing to have a mouse last so long that all the replacements I'd have -liked to buy- are pushing 120$+ on ebay/secondhand.