Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
I'm not sure I'm asking in the right thread, but does anyone here have experience with mouse lag problems on Windows 8.1? I know a fix was released because of lag in some games, but this is random stutter and lag on the desktop in general at pretty much any time and the fix has done nothing to help.

The mouse is part of a Microsoft set, a Wireless Mouse 1000 that works on the same small dongle as the Keyboard 800. I've tried updating all the drivers and such but I can't get any improvement. I also tried plugging in the dongle for my Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000 and I'm having similar issues but less frequently. I also occasionally find the mouse freezes for a few seconds after I've been typing. The batteries are new and as far as I can tell all the surfaces are clean. Is there anything else I can do to try and make it work properly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

Skuto posted:

Do you have another mouse that you can use to check if it's the OS or the mouse itself? Sounds like it might have a crappy sensor/tracking.

I've tried it with two different Microsoft mice that both gave the same results. The Mobile one is noticeably better though, it freezes far less often. It's also only about a year old, no idea if that's relevant.

I'll try and borrow a mouse off someone and see if it changes anything.