Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Bonobos posted:

I have seen the Madcatz cyborg RAT mice at amazon, and besides looking like a transformer that will kill me in my sleep, has any one here used one?

I had to Google it, because I thought you were exaggerating, but holy gently caress it is a transformer mouse. Then I glanced over the price and nearly fell off my chair (the Cyborg Rat 9 goes for about $200-230 here). I've been using Logitech G500 for about two years now and I still think it's too small. If it wasn't so expensive here I'd probably went and bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I've been using Steelseries Qck for two years now and it looks pretty much the same as on the day it arrived, I just wash it under water once in a while. For about $13 it was a steal, IMO.

It's true that I haven't used any other pad, so I might be thinking I got the best one while in fact I have a lovely pad, but the mouse (Logitech G500) glides nicely on it and maintenance is simple and fast. It's made from sort of rubbery cloth and it's mostly warm to touch.

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 15, 2011

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

NihilCredo posted:

I wouldn't describe it as "gliding" though, there is definitely a noticeable attrition between the cloth and the mouse - which suits me just fine since I like a heavier feel (I near-maxed the G500 weights too).

In comparison to yours mine must be flying then, since I have no weights in it. And I still feel like less weight would be even better. Big and lightweight mouse is my dream.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

AlphaDog posted:

Eh, I'll go without then. The way I hold my mouse has been called "weird", but I find it super comfortable. I sort of rest the base of my palm on the edge of the table and then manipulate the mouse with my fingers and palm. If I'm gaming I use it a bit more traditionally. Eh, works for me I guess :)

I do that, too, but it's because I am working on PC way too much, so my hand is kinda tired and achy some of the days. I was contemplating buying one of those gel wrist rests, but I am not sure if they're gonna help at all.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Copper Vein posted:

:words:

So, basically, G500 is the better mouse but you don't use it because it has the shittier SetPoint instead of LGS? :v:

I play quite a lot, but never really used the software. Do you really use it that much as to justify using objectively inferior mouse just because of it?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

couldcareless posted:

Not sure if this has been touched before but I just got my G500 yesterday. It's great and feels amazing. I'm running into a weird problem where a quick movement of the mouse will make the pointer "wobble" for a bit once reaching its destination.

Some quick google searching tell me it might be a loose and you can quick test it by shaking the mouse in the air. Checked that and it doesn't seem to be the case, the hardware is fine.

I tweaked the settings a bit and it appears it may have gotten rid of the problem but it still concerns me a bit. If I ever want to increase the speed, the problem returns. Anyone familiar with this?

I've had the G500 for 2+ years now and didn't ever notice such thing.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I want to buy a wireless mouse because gently caress cables and also my G500 which I estimate from it being introduced in 2009 is almost 10 goddamn years old at this point and the left button double clicks all the time. I assume it wouldn't be hard to fix the left button but I also don't want to deal with cables anymore. Probably going to buy a wireless keyboard, too, while I'm at it. Right now I have a loud as heck mechanical keyboard and I'm being threatened by my SO I will be moved out if I keep using it. Also it's hard to clean because I have to take off the keycaps which I never do.

Is there something goon approved when it comes to wireless mouse (+ maybe keyboard combo) that's not poo poo, has more than 3 buttons but not 15 and doesn't look like a Transformer where all the grooves will collect even more gunk than usual and will be hard to clean? The keyboard should be quit and the less garish both are the better.

The G Pro Wireless looks pretty good but I don't need another gaming mice so it seems like paying a lot for something I will never use. I am also willing to consider a trackball but I've never used one so I have no idea if it's something that's good for regular PC use.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Any opinions on the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless set? The mouse is okay but I don't like it enough to buy something with a huge Windows logo on it. The keyboard was pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Thanks for the info but is something that encourages correct touch typing technique really something to be negative about?