Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

MeruFM posted:

Mionix Naos 5000
Large width mouse with small palm curvature. Should be considered half finger-tip grip I think
+ all hard rubber
+/- 30 different LED colors to blind you in the night
+ Ring finger and pinky rests are nice.
- Good curvature on the sides but small palm curve makes larger hands uncomfortable.
- Needed a firmware upgrade before it could even work with the drivers
+ Good mouse options in software.
- Really expensive

I just wanted to chime in about its little brother, the Naos 3200. Lower max dpi, less adjustable, less money. The software has a terrible interface and is and pretty limited. For example, you can't assign mouse clicks to any of the buttons if you're making a macro (only keyboard keys). But hey, depending on how picky you are you might never use it. That said, it's one solid mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That Avior 7000 looks pretty good but people seem to be complaining about the weight and the side buttons being too easy to hit on your offside. Also wondering what kind of coating (if any) they use on it, flakey rubber coating is just the worst so I hope they don't use that.

If it's anything like their other mice, it's a rubberized plastic and not a thin flaky tender delicious crust.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

It's been a while since I had a mouse with a tilt wheel. I picked up a G502 and discovered that tilting the wheel causes it to do something akin to page up/down in browsers, a very fast vertical scroll. It is set to side scroll in the Logitech software. The only page I could find talking about this on the internet was a Logitech forum page saying it did this in Excel and it just wasn't supported by the software? This doesn't make any sense, side scroll is pretty basic functionality that worked on my old G500 just fine.

How do I get actual side-scroll?

That's odd, because mine scrolled sideways normally. The default action should be "scroll left" and "scroll right." For what it's worth, I downloaded the software and configured mine to switch browser tabs since I'll use that much more often.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

The Lord Bude posted:

It seems to me that the 402 and 502 are different mice for different folk. The 402 is more of an fps player's mouse and the 502 is more an MMO/strategy/rpg gamer's mouse.

I cant really speak for the 402, but I don't know if I could make that distinction. They both have the "sniper" sensitivity shift button after all. The 502 additionally has the scroll wheel clutch, side scrolling (pro tip: rebind this to switching tabs), and profile switch buttons, but beyond that they both seem pretty similar.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah, touching the Best Buy display is what made me consider it. I like how big/long it is and I like the grippy texture near my thumb. I'm a bit concerned that texture would just get kinda dirty though.

My last mouse was a Mionix (a naos model of some sort) and I liked it a lot. The rubberized plastic did end up getting somewhat tacky near the end of its life, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Sh4 posted:

G502 is a good mouse with bad drivers and terrible scroll wheel

I can't help but think that Logitech has some consistency issues with the mouse wheel on the G502. I have no issues with mine, but I see a fairly large number of reviews complaining about it.