Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

The Lord Bude posted:

Looks like corsair has released some new mice. The Raptor M40 uses more or less the shell of the M60/M65 which I always liked but uses an Avago ADNS3090 4000 DPI optical sensor, which sounds very promising indeed. I just need to find out how long the cable is, many mouse cables aren't long enough the way my desk is set up.

Corsair went mouse crazy, 6 new mice on top of the m65/m95 refreshes. The Raptor M4 might be the g9x replacement I have been waiting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

Just plugged in my new G9x and it works like a charm. Even the dpi switcher works right away, although I'll have to install setpoint at some point to configure my hotkeys. I like to have the mouse-wheel wiggle left set to minimize, and wiggle right to open my music player. Convenient, and it has the added bonus of making my friends freak out every time they touch the mouse wheel.

What changes were made between the G9 and G9x anyways? The only difference I noticed is that the smooth grip is grey instead of black. Kind of a downgrade, as it 'll need cleaning more often.

The laser was upgraded which gives a higher max dpi.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Daddyo posted:

Anyone have experience with a Corsair mouse? I had a Steelseries that went crazy on me, so I'm looking at the new Raptor M30 that comes out next week. Just want to make sure it's a bit more durable than it's predecessor.

I had a m60 for 18 months it had some connections issues that made me give it up. I really liked the mouse while it worked.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Have any G9 or G9x users found a good replacement? The G500 and corsair M60 are ok but they don't feel up top snuff with my old G9.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

I'm guessing grabbing a $5 USB splitter is out of the question? There are some seriously tiny ones out there.

Otherwise, the Anywhere MX does look like the most direct successor to the VX Nano.

or even a $10 PCI USB Hub?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

fookolt posted:

My dream mouse is a G9 with 4 side buttons. Make it happen, Logitech :(

I would buy 4 of these.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Goo posted:

If only it were that easy.

What characteristics, specifically, do you guys like about the G9/G9x?

The thing I love about the G9/G9x is the size and shape. I can place my thumb on the left side, along with my pinkie and ring finger on the right. Then I can move the mouse with fingers and minimal wrist/arm movement. The concave sides and texture of the precision grip are also really nice. I also really like left and right mouse click buttons, they seem to take less pressure than the newer mice like the g500.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

fookolt posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/8/5593420/logitechs-g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse-12000-dpi

New Logitech mouse; I like the shape and everything but oh...those...colors :pcgaming:

So maybe I don't need to stockpile refurbished G9Xs

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9000/cougar-700k-mechanical-keyboard-700m-gaming-mouse-review/3

Looks promising

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Skuto posted:

I have to ask this: can we get a new G9x but with an un-accelerated optical sensor? The buttons on the G500s don't look as convenient. I miss the G9x :(

ugh my G9x died. I loved that mouse but logitech stopped making them and I really don't want to spend $280 for a new one on amazon. I really liked the G9x because I could just grip it with my finger tips and it had a low profile. What have people happily replaced it with?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Logitech Support is really nice to work with and not just because I got a replacement under the 3 year warranty.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Molten Llama posted:

Logitech (at least in the US) is very nice. If you really love your G9, ring 'em up and see what they can do.

They are out them when mine died a few months ago, they didn't even have replacement parts. They offered to replace it with a G700 but I asked for G502 and they were OK with that.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The arc mouse is cool and fine to use in short burst but I wouldn't want it to be my primary pointing device. I prefer using the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse with the Surfaces at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

tazjin posted:

This looks like one of those super tiny mice. I'll try to find somewhere to take a look at it in person

4.4 x 2.7 x 1.4 inches

Your not going to beable to palm grip it like a G502 but it bigger than those nano logitech mice.