Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Bought the G502 yesterday while it's on sale at Newegg for 55bux (59 after tax). Should be here by Monday. (already in town but ~weekends~)

My current mouse (A cheap mouse that came with this that I got a year and a half ago.) tends to double click by itself more often then not (I should stop playing those clicker games), and recently the middle-click stopped working, so I figured now's a good as time as any to buy the most expensive mouse Ill have ever owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Even though its pretty lolgaming, I like the "old" Gaming G logo over the new Logi G, so it seems I bought my mouse at the right time

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
The recent posts about quality control kinda worry me; I was going to try the G502 again but the last 3 I had came with frayed cable braiding and then the mice themselves stopped working after a few months. RMAd one of them, think I had 3 total? These were before the RGB versions, so I dunno if they changed the cable. Friend sent me a 700s and Im using that except the left mouse button is starting to double-click. I really do want a 502 though... Perfect mouse, lovely cable. The G903 would work but I don't want to spend that much on a mouse.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

Arcon posted:

The G903 would work but I don't want to spend that much on a mouse.

Guess who just bought a $100 mouse (with some rewards points thing so it was only really a $5 mouse)

very excited to get one, hopefully I like it as much as the old G502s, since this solves the issue I had with them. Kinda want to replace the left-click switch on the G700s still and make it my back-up mouse.

Can I sync the 903 up between 2 Logitech receivers (G700s' one and the one that will come with the G903)? Want to be lazy and plug one into the laptop and have it Just Work. Some of the Logitech mice seem to be able to, others less so, but I cant find anything on the G903.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Already have the 903 on the way so Im not switching to the MX line, though both PCs have bluetooth so that would be a solid solution if I ever want to spent more money on mice down the line. Ill just stick to the G700s method of 'Finding whatever 3ft cable I have around the laptop and plugging it in' method. The only regret is that my phone and a few other devices have transitioned to USB-C, so Micro-B cables are in a slight decline. Put Type-C on the mouse next revision please (or dont, so I dont get buyers remorse :v: )

Mouse should be here on Thursday because they processed my price match thing this morning which is part of how I knocked it down to being affordable.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

Goo posted:

This can be done with POWERPLAY (charger also acts as a receiver, and you don't lose pairing to original receiver) but not with multiple receivers.

That... might actually be a solid point in Powerplay's favor. Still gonna wait for a sale, but I think you might have sold me on getting one.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I had several G502s that had cables frayed and failed. Its still a top-tier mouse, I just wish it had a better cable. I have the G903 now so I don't have to worry about cable death and its pretty good, probably my favorite mouse overall right now, but I dunno if I could choose between it and a theoretical wireless G502. Would probably get whichever was cheaper.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
My G903 started to double/triple/etc-click when I held the click and Logitech's support has become a joke, so opted to perform mouse surgery to avoid spending ANOTHER $100 on a mouse

Trip Report: Not super hard to take apart and swap. The M1+2 buttons come on little boards themselves so you can either just order those or do some solder work and get the better Japanese switches

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Speaking of Logitech and their glaring faults :v:

MY G903 is about 4-5 years old, and I had the switches replaced once but now the scroll wheel has just stopped "stepping" properly sometimes and so now it is time to spend another $100 on a mouse because I don't feel like opening it up and doing surgery again

Is Logitech the only brand to do the push-button infinite scroll stuff still? I really really like the feature. If so, I guess I'm buying a G502 Wireless this time around (did not exist when I got my 903), but Id really like something where I'm less worried about cheap switches in a year or two.

Basic requirements are the scroll unlock, left/right scrollwheel, at least M4/5 buttons. I play video games but Im not some pro gamer and I use my 903 mostly at 6400 DPI. Not sure if the DPI thing super matters since even the cheap mice have nice sensors these days.

As an outlier nice-to-have, USB-C would be cool so I can continue my trend towards a single cable type, but not gonna be a huge dealbreaker for me since I know the 502/903 are still microB. Logitech has a press event tomorrow, so I do plan on seeing if we get a 503/904 (More accurately, numbers stay the same and you just kind of have to guess which generation you're getting on Amazon lol)

EDIT: I went back a page and yall basically just had most of this discussion - Basilisk v3 might be The Mouse?

Ive had qualms about Razer from when I last cared about mice 4-5 years ago all their products being kinda poo poo, and they had the big security exploit last year. Did they fix the later? Also, it seems their scroll-unlock button is software based/remappable. I can have it be system-wide though right? Despite their insistence that I have a /different/ grenade button, I just want scroll switching. I do not like the idea of it auto-switching based on my speed. Finally - Does the Ultimate have the same features? I want wireless if I can because I do travel occasionally. Sorry for basically posting the same question a week later/thank you to whomever answers my other slew of dumb idiot questions

Arcon fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

Rexxed posted:

In regards to your current mouse, your scroll wheel probably has some dust or hair in the wheel and it's tricking the optical sensor to think it's moving the other way. If you take it apart you'd most likely be able to clean it and get it back to normal without having to do any soldering. I can't guarantee that's the problem but it's a common issue.

It is not the sensor that is having issues (though I should do that because occasionally it 'falls back', just not enough to annoy me but the actual mechanism. It was 'locked' but loose a bit last night. This morning it feels normal, so maybe it got stuck or something because even though Im not the grossest human in the world, Im sure a good bit of dirt has gotten back in there. I will have to try cleaning it. Still definitely keeping an eye on mice this week so I can pull the trigger. If the LogiG event does a 502 Wireless refresh, maybe I just buy one of those and have it ready to go

Edit: I looked at LogiG's twitter page and they tweeted their new product stack at midnight lol. It's a bunch of white peripherals and a new G705 which does not look appealing - G502 Wireless or Basilisk v3 I guess are my front-runners. Probably will get the 502

Arcon fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 26, 2022