Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone have any strong opinions on the Corsair Scimitar, or any other MMO mice? My Logitech G600 is on death watch and I haven't had the greatest experience with Razer Nagas (this was a while back though so if the latest edition or whatever is good then I'll give it a shot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

It has a lovely shape and overly stiff cord. The shape is not conducive to using the side buttons unless you have very wide and long palms.The teflon pad arrangement looks bad and indicates an unbalanced weight distribution.

I would much rather have razer's macro software and only 3 extra buttons than 12 extra buttons and less intuitive software.

If you like your g600, buy another. Its reasonably cheap and less of a risk than trying something new.

I wouldnt go corsair over razer for mice.

I had the 1st gen naga with membrane side buttons and it was fine. It didnt break but the finish wore off like all razer mice do eventually. Razer mice I buy usually dont break but the finish always wears out on the main buttons. Razer will generally replace it once under warranty and with how often they refresh their lineup you often get a newer version. Things like side grips and feet are often replaceable and you can extend the life of the old one while keeping the warranty replacement until you need it. If you are gaming several hours a day this wear will happen in under a year, well within the warranty.

I can't survive without a full 12-button keypad on my mouse :negative: Also I think the G600 is discontinued where I live, I haven't been able to find one anywhere unless I import it from the states. I'll look into the Naga then.