Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mouse wheel tilt is pretty cool, it's the way to control system volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm operating the mouse wheel using my middle finger - ideal for tilting in any situation! Using the index finger seems uncomfortable and awkward to me. Basically, y'all are holding your mice wrong. I think I'll be offering a course on "correct mouse usage", soon.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 2, 2014

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Logitech MX Anywhere 2 is another good option (that does Bluetooth as well as Receiver) http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Anyw...s=mx+anywhere+2

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The latest version of Logitech's Gaming Software is missing another key feature that used to be present: It's no longer possible to manually select the installation language. My system is set to English, but Gaming Software still insists on displaying in the local language. Very annoying.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Goo posted:

This is what the new dialog will look like. If everything goes well it should go live in the next few days.

Still missing the language selector that used to be there up to a few weeks ago. You guys should either add it back in or have Gaming Software detect the system language correctly.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

....well for one, it has a sniper button that's *actually in a goddamn useful spot*, so, it can't be any worse than a g503.

Also the reason the Razer Basilisk is good.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's no way a wireless mouse is actually superior to one with a cable.

But if you can live with the security implications, they're fine.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But then you'll never know whether you just got fragged because you have the wrong mouse or because you lack skill.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe you could try some Razer gaming chewing gum?

https://press.razer.com/product-news/level-up-your-mind-and-taste-buds-respawn-and-5-gum-bring-new-chewing-gum-created-for-gamers/

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As a person that owns way more mechanical keyboards than any sane person should, I'm not going to cast any stones.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Guess if people want the RGB configuration of my Basilisk, they can simply download it themselves now!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Do the newer Razer mice (such as the Basilisk wireless) work okay with a Mac? I don't need to have full access to every custom profile I just need the buttons to mostly work on OS X as well as windows. I just want to use one mouse with both of my computers, and I remember the death adder I bought and returned once that literally could not right click on OS X without razers terrible software.

I have the regular Basilisk: I only used their software once, to deactivate all lighting and uninstalled it right after. Works great without their driver. I'm not on Macs OS, though.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can use Razer mice and their side buttons just fine without any driver, you just won't be able to customize them without a third-party tool.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My Razer Basilisk works just fine without a driver, but I don't use weird systems like Macs OS.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I am going to ask a series of dumb and un-googled questions so bear with me or not.

I need a mouse that does not click so I can read/shop/browse SA with no clicky to bug my SO.

I like the apple mice I've used at work, I think M$ has one that may not click.

Not sure if the apple mouse works on Win10 though and am looking for a recc for a quiet night-time mouse.

Get the Logitech M590 https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/mice/m590-silent-wireless-mouse.910-005014.html?crid=7

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I have everything mapped to my keyboard & my mouse buttons in WoW. While I can see the use of MMO mice, this way I can play on my laptop when on the go without issue (I have a five button MX Anywhere for my laptop, so similar setup to at home).

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Wouldn't that rattle? (and I think that would still put the Basilisk X over 100g)

There are AAA to AA adapter you can buy if you want a less hacky solution.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Depends on the adapter, I assume.

If you want the lightest batteries possible, get Lithium (not lithium-ion) batteries like the Energizer Ultimate Lithium, or the VARTA Ultra Lithium.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I went from the G502 to the Basilisk (V1): I use the long sniper button (there are two variants included in the box, a short and a long one - not sure whether this is still the case with V2). Fits my hand way better than the G502, that one is simply way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Lyman posted:

I use a semi-palm grip so my thumb can't reach the sniper button. :(

I had the same issue with the G502, the Basilisk sniper button is way more reachable. Might work for you.

I use it as a Teamspeak/Discord push-to-talk button.