Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i just adopted a ket who i found out has a chewing fascination with my mouse wires so i want to ask if logitech's line of wireless mice are any good and if there are any problems to look out for?

specifically g304 (afaik exactly the same as g305) vs g603 and if they have any problems / concerns and any tips for managing battery life

i read about a scroll wheel issue but i couldn't find if it has been fixed

ps - i considered the 703 plus the fancy mat but apparently those together are about a thousand bucks here, which is four times the amount of what i can get the 603 so... no. maybe just the 703 on its own though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Went with the G703, mostly because:
- It was only slightly more expensive than the G603, slightly more meaning getting a G603 and a small pack of (alkaline) batteries
- I found display copies! And the feel's better
- I'll be using it mainly on my desktop, so I can just leave a cable here and plug it in every other night or so :)

Thanks for the input everyone! Loving it so far.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Dropped my Logitech G703 and the side of the rubber came off a bit. Any way I can sort of...smoothen it out or make it more even? Not sure what terms to search when it came to mouse repair and what I saw was more along the lines of fixing like a sensor problem or something.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So...I've been thinking of cutting off the "holders" of the USB on my G703. The claw-like thing here:

I figure it'll just make it into a "normal" micro-USB with no extra grip. Is this a good idea? I've got a few items that use the same type USB port (camera, Kindle, power bank, etc) so I figure I might as well keep just one cable.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

My Logitech G703 is acting up and I think it's dropping inputs. Every once in a while the mouse cursor "teleports" around the screen. At first I thought it was a low battery thing but it seems to have this behaviour even when connected to a wire. Is there something I can do or is my mouse on its last legs?

I considered that maybe it sends signals to the wireless dongle even while wired up, but my room has been the same for like a few years so...that's probably not it?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Would having a vertical mouse help with trigger finger? My middle finger is acting up again and i have a feeling me holding the mouse for such long periods of time is to blame

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Any wireless ambidextrous mouse suggestions? Wanna use it on my left hand a bit more as I work from home and feel like I'm edging closer and closer to carpal tunnel.

I tried looking on Shopee but putting in ambidextrous mouse and I see some designs being sold under it that are very clearly not ambidextrous.

And wireless because I has cat. Cat sees moving wire, cat pounce. Wireless!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

jabro posted:

Since you didn't give a budget. Razer Viper Ultimate. I have it and the thing is awesome.

tildes posted:

Do you mean “has extra buttons on both sides” or “has an ambidextrous shape”?

If you just need the ambi shape, there are a lot of options for wireless mice where the shape is ambi but they only have extra buttons for a right handed person. The Logitech 305 would probably be good if so.

The G Pro Wireless is actually fully ambi afaik, but a lot more expensive.

You could also try a vertical mouse or rollerball if you’re just looking for ergonomics.

The above are all also gaming mice more or less (tho the 305 is reasonably priced)— I’m not sure if there’s something outside that world which would be better.

Thanks for the suggestions! Looked a few of these up and they cost a bomb, which I should've expected. Maybe the 305 will do since that's pretty reasonable price for a "spare but good on the left hand and still wireless" mouse! Shame on the lack of buttons on the right side but shouldn't be too big a deal

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fauxtool posted:

also keep in mind that the newest g pro wireless superlight is not ambi.

Are you in the US? I have a spare sealed g pro wireless I may be able to sell for cheap.

Thanks for the offer but nah, am in Malaysia! So I gotta shop online through here and lots of products that claim to be ambidextrous but the thumbnail already shows a one sided ergonomic design, hence why I had to ask for specific models. Eyeing that G304 but this morning I found an old Logitech wireless that no one is using anymore so might just be able to live with this!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there any software that can assign per-app mouse profiles? My friend is looking to buy a Razer Basilisk but he hates the Synapse software and apparently doesn't want to deal with it if at all possible.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Okay so my non-Hero Logitech G703 suddenly started skipping today, the first time I have ever gotten a problem on my mouse. Do I have any troubleshooting options or should I just get another mouse? Don't have box/receipt anymore and I doubt it lasted for almost 4 years anyhow.

When I say skipping I mean, it's like, it's not registering my mouse movements. Like if I were to move it to the right, instead of a straight line ____________ it would be like __ ____ __________
Like it's not registering the input in various places

If a new mouse is my best option, what's a good palm wireless mouse now? I could just buy the new Hero version of the G703, or I could branch out, not particularly attached to Logitech. Glorious Model O wireless maybe?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Klyith posted:

That brings up an interesting question: how many people here, in your normal mouse grip, have your fingers in A vs B?
a) middle on the mouse wheel all the time, ring on right click
b) middle on right click, ring for grip only, shift a finger to use wheel

Just saw this, I'm in the A camp. Because so many people said they were B in this thread, I tried B and I was immediately like my hands, i don't understand them anymore

EDIT: For fun, I put my mouse in my left hand, and it immediately went molded into B. My hands have different preferences!

Artelier fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 3, 2021

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How long does this double clicking take before kicking in generally? Are there any signs that it's coming beyond the occasional failure or can it happen suddenly? I am four and a half years into my Logitech G703 and it's good so far...

I guess what I'm asking is, will the signs of double clicking come in gradually, or should I have a spare/replacement mouse ready in case it suddenly happens?

Artelier fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 27, 2021

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks for the info! My mouse doesn't exhibit any of those so I should be good for a while and don't need a spare, I can just window shop these sales and convince myself not to buy any...

Artelier fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 28, 2021

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Was just browsing mice for fun (and because my current mouse is old) and I was looking at what I thought was my dream mouse, the Logitech G Pro Superlight but upon closer inspection....how do you...change dpi? The Logitech mice I've used so far have the button in the middle underneath the scroller but I can't see it in the photos of the Superlight.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Going to be a flash sale for the Orochi v2 in about 16 hours. Reviews look good, any caveats for this mouse that might not be immediately obvious?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

It's a Malaysian flash sale so on the off-chance that you or anyone reading this could make use of this info, it's happening in 13 and a half hours from now at this link. That shop is doing a clearance sale so when the flash sale happens it'll be less than a third of what a G Pro Superlight goes for here (which is what I initially considered but it has a surprising amount of issues for such a high price)

Also half thinking of the Ninjutso Origin which is 1.5 times the price of the Orochi. I've got half a day to decide but leaning towards the Orochi because of the price mostly.

What do you recommend for battery and how often do you change it - I assume rechargeable AA is the way to go (but there seems to be different types/brands so I'm not sure what's good)? I've only had a G703 which I have to charge via Micro USB every 3 days or so - it's about half a decade old now with lots of scuffs, and also in the past week it's been a bit...weird...with click dragging, which I was told earlier in this thread is early signs of the double click problem. Only twice so far so maybe it's just an abnormality and keep going. Or I could treat myself and get a new primary mouse and keep this around as backup.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 10, 2022

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yerok posted:

Pulsar makes a pretty good EC2 clone, the Xlite wireless. I guess there's a V2 now. 60g and about $10 more than a real EC2-C.

I have the original, non-updated version and while I found that I don't really like ergo shapes, it's a good mouse.

Me, owner of Pulsar Xlite v1: I love it this is the best mouse I've ever had

Also me: But the v2 is mostly the same with less holes.....................

Artelier fucked around with this message at 10:54 on May 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yerok posted:

Galaxy brain marketing. Give the gamers all the holes, and then when they realize what they want is slightly less holes, release V2 with slightly less holes.

no you don't understand, it's the same but there's less holes!!

tbh i am not really debating upgrading at all since i don't think it's worth it if you have a v1 but i am considering grip tape which apparently can taper over the holes and let's me hold it more firmly?