Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Has anyone tried out the Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Atomic Mitten posted:

Runes to use in league of legends, a Dota clone. Sort of like passive abilities for your hero I think.

I must admit I got a leftie Razer DeathAdder last month and it's so comfortable, if you're one of the few of us it's well worth a look.
I got the Razor Imperator and love it. It is comfortable, the software/drivers kicks the poo poo out of anything Logitech makes for their mice and find it great in gaming. Plus the blue LED highlights on it suit my first gen G15 keyboard :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WanderingKid posted:

Thats pretty much the same with all Razer mice. The 4th and 5th side buttons on the Diamondback are positioned horribly and require you to change the way you hold the mouse to click them. I thought that maybe the shift away from ambidextrous design would have fixed that problem though. :|
The Imperator has adjustable thumb buttons, which makes it very comfortable

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ColHannibal posted:

After using the RAt 7 since launch, I would never recommend this mouse to anyone.
Interesting. I haven't got one, but would be interesting in hearing your reason why it isn't good.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bret Hart posted:

Wireless = Fail
Thank you for that earth shocking post

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have found the Razer software 400000000 times better than the Logitech Setpoint software.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CubanRefugee posted:

So a question for the Razer Naga users, have you ever had an issue where the mouse jumps horizontally around the screen on multiple displays? And I mean *perfectly* horizontal from left to right periodically, and not "your laser is dirty" jumping.

It's the weirdest drat thing.
I had that issue with my Imperator, however with the latest firmware update it has stopped doing that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just checking out some reviews for the updated Razor Imperator. I have the original one, and love it. However the rubberised sides on the newer version and a couple of other things make me tempted to retire my current Imperator to another computer. So tempting.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Martytoof posted:

Does LCC for Mac not work with the G500? :(

I had to hack the LCC for it to recognise my MX1100. Maybe this can help you with the G500. You will need a Windows PC to rip some codes out of the Win version of the Logitech tools:

http://www.cloudgoessocial.net/2010/09/21/logitech-wave-pro-macosx/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I've yet to suffer from poor QA with my Razor mouse yet. Had it for about a year, and it has had some pretty heavy use. Guess I must have got one that was built on a good day at the factory.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MeruFM posted:

Edit: Just realized this is the mouse thread, not the keyboard thread so I'll report on my new Razer Imperator 2012.

It's kinda like the Logitech G5 except the material feels more rubbery. Shape is slightly different. No right-left on the wheel which is a good thing for me because middle clicking on G5 is a nightmare. Nothing wrong with it so far.
I cannot help but feel it's somewhat overpriced. At 70 bucks, you're not getting much for your dollar unless you really just want a G5 with no left-right wheel click and less weight.

Oh yeah, it's also pretty barebones regarding features, 2 standard buttons, 2 dpi button, no adjustable weights,

I have the earlier model of this mouse and I like it. It doesn't have the rubber lined sides like the newer does, but it is still very comfortable. I also like how you can adjust where the thumb buttons sit.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Vidaeus posted:

In contrast to all the good Logitech stories, I have a crappy Logitech experience to share. This is in Australia.
Yeah, while Logitech's support in larger markets like the US is great, in Australia it is pretty crap

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wax On posted:

I've been using a Razer Imperator for the past two years and like it quite a bit. Very lightweight, simple programming options if you want them and the LEDs can be turned off.

No problems I can think of to date.

I have the same mouse. Most people find some of the Razer mice break quickly, but I am very happy with the quality and durability of my Imperator.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

West007 posted:

I'm contemplating on buying a Roccat Kone Pure, I'm looking for opinions on this particular mouse and Roaccat itself as well. So far I've heard good things but hearing as many opinions as possible is always good.

At the moment I own a Razer Imperator 2012, I've had it for almost a year but the scroll wheel is half broken and left click double clicks as well.

Strange how many people have issues with Razer mice. I have the original Imperator and it is still in 100% working condition

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

codo27 posted:

Now, the real reason I'm posting. I was killing time on kijiji when I saw an ad for four Microsoft mice, 3 of them, and two of those never out of the bag, original Intellimouse Explorers.

I remember the day I got the Diablo II Battlechest, I got this mouse too. Quite literally about 12 years ago. The guy told me he got them on a work term or something about 8 years ago, just getting rid of junk. Scored the two that were never opened for $10. I pretty much just got them for the nostalgia, but they will serve as great backups, one is right now as the Perixx is charging.
Nice, I used to have the white version and when I was clearing out some old junk at work found a brand new black Intellimouse in its bag. Made sure that has gone home as a backup mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have a Logitech VX Revolution that I've used on my work Mac for years and the middle click is starting to die.

Is it easy to pull apart and clean the switch for that mouse?

If not, what's the equivalent in Logitech's range these days for that mouse? I can't see anything in its size with the number of buttons it has on the Logitech Australian site.