Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I am currently using a real heinous piece of poo poo mouse that cost less than $20 and I bought because it was cheap enough to order from newegg with store credit I got from an item going on sale right after I ordered it. I've never loved it and the thumb buttons and wheel button have all been dead for years.

I say this to be clear that my needs are pretty modest and I am just looking for something decent for (mainly FPS)gaming that hopefully won't crumble like cardboard within a year or two. I am also still a cheapskate and I'm looking around in the sub $40 price range. I have no clue what the good and bad brands are or really anything at all about "gamer mice". A friend recommended I think a Logitech G203 and it seems okay. There seem to be a lot of budget mice in this range with high ratings on amazon but I cannot tell them apart.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
If I like the general feel of the Logitech G203 but I don't want to be a part of the double-click club anymore, which Razer mouse am I looking at for a close analogue between the Deathadder v2 and the Viper mini? Or any similar recommendations with optical/more reliable switches.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Canna Happy posted:

Deathadder mini v2 is on sale for $15 on Amazon right now (all time low according to ccc). I picked one up for a backup.

I had this on my wishlist for a while to keep an eye on it. My Logitech G203 started double-clicking after like 6 months and the scroll wheel is getting pretty fucky now too, so I jumped on this with a giftcard.

I'll be pleased to have anything else at this point, but these seem like they have a similar size/feel? I'd be happy with the G203 if it wasn't disintegrating.