Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
I got a G502 to replace my DA 3.5 and it feels pretty nice. Not a huge difference tracking wise but it feels good. It's a little heavy but nothing too outrageous and the feet glide a lot better than my DA. If they put the same sensor on a smaller mouse I'll probably switch to that. Mostly I'm happy to be rid of synapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

kiwid posted:

Those of you with a G502, if you move your wheel slightly (in free mode) and then let go, does it rotate by itself as if it's off balance? Like in certain spots, if I let go of the wheel, it'll spin down slightly as if there is a weight off-balance issue.

I'm thinking about exchanging mine for another one but I want to see if others have this issue first.

Mine does not do this.

The more I use this mouse the more I like it. The weight balance felt weird at first when I was lifting it off the pad but now I don't notice anything. I also have a Mionix Avior on the way and will see which of the two I like more.

Diddie fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 30, 2014

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Yeah the weight doesn't bother me, but it kind if rattles a bit inside when I have to put it down. I've been using the Avior all day and the ergonomics are not to my liking so I'm gonna try the Naos. The G502 does feel slightly more responsive but it could just be in my head.

I think high sensitivity players tend to like heavier mice.

Diddie fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 1, 2014

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Well, you won't! And once you adjust to it your precision will improve.

Ultimately it's really a gaming-exclusive issue, I can envision people being more used to a heavier mouse due to their history of experience and not wanting to change. There's just no real advantage to it.

I think it's only a thing if you're playing an FPS with low sensitvity.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Zigmidge posted:

I must be weird or everyone else is wrong, then. Low sensitivity FPS with a heavy mouse sounds like a fantastic way to get RSI. I used to exclusively use an intellimouse because of how light it was and how often I'd have to pick up the mouse to re-center from doing a 180.

The first thing I noticed going from my intellimouse to a g700 was how much my wrist loving hurt the first few weeks I had it.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Having a heavy mouse isn't a big deal in my opinion unless you are a low sensitivity player. That said, the 120 grams or so the G502 weighs isn't too big of a deal for me. I'd prefer it be closer to 100 grams, but oh well.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

I've read about the new FKs having issues with the coating and low speed before malfunctioning so I stayed away from them. I use a Rival now and like it a lot.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

taels posted:

Ok so I've decided to get a kana.

But a euro friend told me it was seriously and significantly worth waiting for the v.2

Does anyone here happen to have experience with both, knowledge of when they'll sell stateside or advice as to whether it's really worth importing one now?

Gracias

The V2 is supposed to have a much better sensor

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

StickFigs posted:

Crossposting myself from the small questions thread.

I don't know if Microsoft has a comparable mouse out now but it could be any brand, I just want similar size, shape, weight, performance, price-point. I only need two mouse buttons and a clickable scroll wheel but more buttons would be nice. I don't need it to be ambidextrous either. I play primarily FPS games.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-W...=item1c36def75e

I dunno if this is one of the overpriced Ebay links you're refering to but $25 shipped doesn't seem too bad.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

StickFigs posted:

That appears to be some custom mod job and it doesn't say what exactly has been changed. Looks like the only thing left of the WMO is the shell the internals are all replaced with who knows what.

EDIT: So after some more research I'm looking to get either another Microsoft WMO or a Kana v2. Any cons with the Kana v2?

No it's the WMO internals in a modded shell.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Laser mice also have inconsistent acceleration while optical acceleration is minute in comparison and consistent.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Luna Was Here posted:

Hello, I'm currently using the Razer Deathadder mouse because its the first mouse that fits my big hands, but its starting to crap out on me so I'm looking to move away from it. Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard good things about the Feenix Nascita but in all the pictures I've seen of it it looks really small which is something I don't want to deal with. Got any suggestions? I use a palm grip when gaming if that's anything to consider.

I went from a DA to a Rival and love it. Similar shapes but the Rival feels better in my hand.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

My Zowie FK1 came in today. Strangely it feels heavier than the Rival in my hands. Could be cause the rubber sides on the Rival were a little easier to grip but probably cause I'm not used to it yet. The feet are super low profile which worries me a bit. I'll also be getting a Rovcat kone military tomorrow to compare.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

I think I heard they're making a version if the xtd with the 3310. The kone military was too small for my hands as well, and the ridge in the thumb area did not help. It did seem very high quality though.

Now that I've used the FK1 for a bit I love it. Best FPS mouse I've ever had.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

kaschei posted:

The 402 seems to use the same sensor, but combines it with an inertial sensor in what they call a "fusion engine." The other sensor kicks in when you are going so fast that the optical sensor isn't reliable (this is very fast indeed).

edit: well now I look the 402 has a max DPI of 4000 while the 502 goes up to 12000.

It's also strange that the 502 has a higher max acceleration than the 402, I wonder why that is?

They use different sensors

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

On Terra Firma posted:

I'm replacing my Deathadder 3.5g after some jittering problems started popping up. I have a Zowie FK and Mionix 7000 coming in tomorrow and I'll send back whatever feels worse and write something up about both if I have time.

Both are good mice. If you like the fk try to get the fk1.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

On Terra Firma posted:

Eh, yes and no.

Really impressed with the overall build quality of both, but the Mionix is just really oddly designed. I can't really get over the side buttons, and the rubber coating on it is really slippery. The coating on the Zowie is nice as hell though and I really like it, but it's too small for my hands.

SO, I ordered an EC1 because how nice the build quality is on the FK. It's a great mouse, but it's not for me. The mionix.. Eh, it's just such a weird shape I'm not sure how you'd hold it without hitting the side buttons alllll the time.

The FK1 is bigger than the FK and has the better sensor. I also have large-ish hands and I end up somewhere between fingertipping and palming it.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

M65 spotted in the wild:

edit: I am retarded and thought this was a new mouse.

The RGB version is new I think.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Pretty much any gaming mouse that's not a Zowie will have a similar sort of software.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

folgore posted:

I bought a Zowie FK1 to replace my dying g500. I think the tracking is great but the mouse itself feels kind of...cheap? The scroll wheel doesn't hold a candle to the g500's. I just get this feeling it will break in a year or so. I like the tracking so much but if there's a Logitech with identical or as-good sensors I think I'd return it.

The SS Rival, Mionix Avior and Naos 7000, and Roccat Kone Pure Military have the same sensor. That said if you managed to get an FK1 without any actual build issues I say stick with it.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

If Logitech made a mouse with the sensor and features of the G502 but the weight of the Kana/WMO I'd probably buy one on the spot though.

I'm also hoping for this but the existence of the G302 makes me think it's never happening

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

Like all first-generation optical mice, it tended to skip with fast movements. My Logitech Optical Mouse (blue with silver buttons) did the same thing. Pretty annoying in twitch FPS situations. But really all they should have done was put the sensor from the Explorer in it, and it would have been fine. But I guess they couldn't be bothered.

Yet the best Quake Live players in the world use mice with that sensor.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

That's pretty much their normal price. Maybe a couple dollar difference

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlD858fiRWw

The vast majority of pro CS players use 400 dpi

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Horizontal Tree posted:

I don't know any competitive-level FPS gamers who use more than 1200. I've been using 400-600 for ages now, and I'm still going slightly lower. I think the 10" 180 is my current sweet spot with the Rival, at least.
I might wind up returning this Rival and getting a G502, even though I really don't like the G500s. I might just have to mod it to be wider in front, cause I like the shape and feel otherwise, it just is uncomfortable for my ring/pinky fingers.
Anyone use Perixx mousepads? They make a pretty good sized one, and the edges seem to look a little sturdier than the unfinished edges on most soft mats. They're also pretty cheap. A friend recommended one.

I'm using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EG7WB8C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have used it for 90ish days and it's been very good so far. The surface is smoother than the Steelseries pad I used to use.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Horizontal Tree posted:

I was looking at the XL version of that. I don't have the desk setup to use an ultra-wide pad, or I would get that one. Thanks!

I've heard nothing about the Xtrax other than "they fall apart really fast"

Mine actually hangs off the side of my desk a bit because it's too wide.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh huh the Zowie FK1 actually has sensible DPI settings this time, I might take a look at one some time in the distant future whenever I need a new mouse again. Can't tell if they fixed the horrible lens cover or not though.

It uses the standard 3310 lens cover as far as I can tell

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

I just tape it to the side of my monitor. Don't see any reason to buy a bungee.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Final Mouse seems kind of odd to me. It's a stock OEM shell with stock sensors and switches, but the markup on it is absolutely insane for how little features it has. It also has some QC problems apparently, lots of defective mice getting sent out.

Also kind of weird that it only operates at 500hz, but apparently it doesn't seem to matter? The sensor quality is apparently very good. It also uses Omron's and has a braided cable, and super lightweight. Also has a 3 year limited(?) warranty, but who the hell knows what kind of RMA service you'll get out of them.

The quality looks good but the price point is kind of outrageous.

I bought one on Amazon to try out and the overall build quality made me return it. Sensor and button performance were fine though if that's all that matters to you.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Got my G303 and am liking it so far. If anyone is looking to buy an FK1 or FK2 I will be getting rid of one of them (doesn't matter to me which)

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep that was pretty much my exact progression on the Avior as well. Naos is much better overall, but obviously only for right handers.

I found both of them pretty awkward to pick up, the Naos especially.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Not a Children posted:

My Razer Salmosa, purchased for $13 off of Woot 6 years ago, has finally died of a loose scroll wheel. Unfortunately, I don't think they manufacture them anymore. Is there a similar bare-bones, comfortable and effective gaming mouse on the market in the $20-30 range these days?

Logitech G100s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Zowie uses Huano switches which are a little stiffer but I haven't heard of them getting the double click problem.