Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Lincoln
Dec 1, 2001
gumshoe

I think I'm the only guy ever who loves the Sidewinder. Most people can't stand it, either they don't like the features or it's not comfortable for them. However, if you do like the features and you can wrap your hand around one, it is a perfectly solid mouse. Macro recording is great, laser never misses a beat, and the customization is decent. I'd get the wireless one that's out now if it had any other perks besides a blue laser and wireless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Lincoln
Dec 1, 2001
gumshoe

Now that I've broken my second Sidewinder X8 in 2 months, I'm gonna need a new mouse. Enough with these.

Does anyone have any words about the Logitech G700? It seems to be the closest thing to what I'm looking for, but it's getting a bad wrap for battery life from reviews I've read.

I wish Microsoft would commit to more than 4 months of selling any physical product. Oh well.

Monkey Lincoln
Dec 1, 2001
gumshoe

Oh yeah it's helpful if I let you know what I'm looking for. Doy.

-Ergonomic seems like a moot point since everything is in some way.
-Back-foward buttons that are above and below each other, not horizontal
-Macro recording on the fly would be great
-DPI switching on the fly, be it through a list or just 2-3 settings
-Scroll wheel doesn't need to tilt, but it would be great if it doesn't do that thing where the wheel clicking doesn't line up right so grazing the wheel switches weapons on me.
-Software has automatic loading game profiles for those few, awesome games that won't let me set Mouse4 as a button.

I love that this switches from cordless to corded by clicking the wire onto the bottom, but that's not a necessity either. Same with swappable feet pads. I bought both of mine from Newegg, 6 and 2 months ago, and Microsoft is refunding me for both. I think I'm the only person on the planet who's had better luck with Microsoft support than Logitech.

Monkey Lincoln
Dec 1, 2001
gumshoe

Mine's plugged in 80% of the time I use it. I could go with it being either wireless or not really.

But all that sounds great. Picking one up tonight.