Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Artelier posted:

My Logitech G703 is acting up and I think it's dropping inputs. Every once in a while the mouse cursor "teleports" around the screen. At first I thought it was a low battery thing but it seems to have this behaviour even when connected to a wire. Is there something I can do or is my mouse on its last legs?

I considered that maybe it sends signals to the wireless dongle even while wired up, but my room has been the same for like a few years so...that's probably not it?

I had this problem on and off for more than 6 years and randomly found the solution a few weeks ago ... it's caused by usb drives, possibly by other usb devices. Certain ones like the WD external usb drive I owned for years is known to interfere with wireless mice and keyboards. But thumbdrives can randomly cause the issue too which is how I figured it out. In my case the mouse cursor would freeze for a split second which seemed like it was teleporting around the screen. It may also get jittery or stutter, and may affect wireless keyboards. If you have any usb devices, especially drives, unplug them and see if the problem stops. Sometimes for me the problem starts after transferring or deleting files from a usb drive and the only fix is a reboot. No idea why it happens. edit; brand of mouse doesn't matter, it's not the mouse but the usb system that becomes flaky. edit2; you may have to log out/back in after disconnecting the usb or even reboot.

wormil fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I've never really liked Logitech mice. I had a Razor for awhile but didn't like that either. My favorite mouse of yore was an Intellimouse I bought from Egghead that required an ISA card, it was faster than serial mice as odd as that sounds now. I wore it out. My favorite now is the big Sculpt but I'm considering one of those sideways mice because my hands are starting to hurt.