Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

NihilCredo posted:

Uhhh, using your middle click for the right button is by far the most common way of holding a mouse. There's nothing weird about that.

Okay I've ready this sentence a couple of times and I'm still not sure what you're saying. When you say, "using your middle click for the right button..." are you talking about rebinding your right mouse button to the mouse wheel button/middle button? And then you don't put a finger at all on your right mouse button? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING MAN??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I switch mousing hands at work to keep my right shoulder from acting up. Are there any left handed mice that will switch the left click and right click buttons in hardware so I don't have to change them in the control panel everytime I switch mice? I plan on having two mice hooked up to my computer.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I didn't think Logitech made a g502 in left handed did they?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Does the Razer DeathAdder require Razer's Synapse software to be installed to work? Anyone know? Last time I ran across Synapse it wanted me to set up an account and have internet connection, which is too loving much for getting peripherals to work.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Anyone know of an actual left handed mouse corded mouse that's not some weird ergo mouse? When I look for left handed mice I either find ambidextrous mice or ergo vertical mice.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Like a regular right handed mouse, but in left.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I have this and I love it!

I really wished I had grabbed a left handed death adder when I looked at them 10 years ago as they now go for $money on ebay.

Edit: Holy poo poo I think I found a new one at a random computer store page out of Texas from 2010. Paypal protect me as I place this order.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 9, 2021

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Well the thing is I’m right handed but I’ve learned to be ambimousetrous to give my right shoulder a break. Using a ambidextrous mouse means the buttons are wrong in my left hand for left and right click and I’m swapping between mice on the fly. Having a dedicated left handed mouse lets the buttons be correct on both mice. It’s just this vertical mouse I got for left handing mousing is not great.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I’m a big fan of my Logitech G502 mouse and I like to use a mouse bungee for my cord.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I have a logitech G502 as my main mouse with the control software. Would I have to open up the software each time I wanted to swap button assignments?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Fauxtool posted:

You could bind one of the keys to "switch profile" to cycle between the 2.

Yeah would rather dual mouse it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Fauxtool posted:

then why the gently caress are you even here? You are getting nothing but the exact solutions you asked for and shooting them all down

Go back and read. I came in asking for a left handed non ergo mouse, it was others who suggested ambidextrous mice. I figured I should have avoided the questions of why I wanted it for the goon (you) who would get upset when I didn't do things their way. Take a chill pill.

Saukkis posted:

Simply buy a ambidextrous Logitech you like and configure it left-handed. That's what I did.

Unless mouse software has gotten smarter back when I was first doing this switching the buttons on one mouse affected the other mouse. Although that was through windows control panel and not the mouse's software. I'll look into it and see cuz I don't think that left handed mouse is gonna show.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Saukkis posted:

Works fine with SetPoint. I have old MX620 as my right mouse and M560 as the left mouse with swapped buttons. I use the old SetPoint software because I don't think the newer Unifying support the MX620.

Thanks for this. I’ll check this out then. If I end up with an ambidextrous mouse I’ll let everyone know so you all can get a satisfactory “told you so”.