Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
You could probably go to best buy and try these mice out before you buy.

I'd get the Logitech performance mouse.
It charges over a micro USB cable. Useful if your phone also charges over micro usb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

I got the last one at Frys. $60 before a $15 rebate. So happy. No more docking station like on my MX1000. I can use the same charger as my phone.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Instant Stalker posted:

60 dollars!? It's 100 dollars on the frys website. It also says 99.99 on the box you're holding up. How in the world did you get it for 60?

Today was the last day of their New Years sale.

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo! I've been to the same Fry's! Wassup Socal goon?

I also went to Woodland Hills and they were out. Burbank also was seemingly out of them. I moped around the store for a bit when I saw this mouse on the floor.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
First Performance Mouse impressions:

I dont like how my ringfinger is positioned. This will take getting used to.
So will the clickless scroll. It is plenty fast though.

Left and right scrolling is not easy with this scroll wheel. It doesn't stick out enough to tilt easily and the wheel is too sensitive to move left or right without first going up or down.

The button under the scroll wheel feels like its in the way. Doesn't do anything right now (I haven't installed Logitech software)

Neither does the zoom button under the back and forward buttons.

The thumb button takes a lot of pressure to press.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Soul Glo posted:

Eh, that's a little more expensive than I was hoping for. And the mouse itself looks a little unwieldy. There any reason why I shouldn't just buy the $40 Logitech at Wal-Mart?

Because it will suck. Your hand will adjust to the Performance MX. Its totally worth the money.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

alseyn posted:

USB charging cable helps to reduce most of those problems – you can continue to use your mouse while it charges :) Very convenient if you already have some other devices that use it.
This is what I love about my Performance MX. I got lots of gadgets that use micro USB but only one cable plugged into my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Deal alert
Performance MX $56
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3360137