Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
So I've picked mine up from ye olde beste buye.

Here's a comparison shot between the G502, G500, and G9x:

It's slightly smaller in my hand than the G500. I'm not incredibly selective about how my mouse feels, and this one feels just fine.

A few things:

- The underside where you add weights is a clever magnetic latch. I expect that Logitech assumed users would be swapping out weights more often then I probably will.
- The mouse, even without weights, is heftier than you might expect. It does not feel fisher-price like every Razer I've ever had my hands on. It's actually fairly solid.
- The wheel is loving amazing. Probably the best since the OG boomslang (the wheel was the only good part about the original boomslang, and it was amazing...)
- Best mouse cable ever. It's a soft braid and incredibly flexible.

- It's far far too pretty for my messy game room setup:

It's an amazing mouse, both in style and button placement. The extra buttons are plenty large without getting in the way.

So far the tracking is fine, but I'm not a particularly skilled FPS gamer any more, so I can't really say much other than "welp, it isn't poo poo". I'm still plenty bad at titanfall, but no worse than I was with my G500!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug

Christoff posted:

:drat: 12,000 DPI!?

Wired only? :(

Was about to order the G602. If the G602 really is more wide and higher arched I may rather have that one. Ive used a G500 and didn't like the feeling/size too much. Felt too narrow and small. I do really like the thumb button layout on the G502 though.

Anyone have any input on the feel of the G500 vs the G502?

Maybe I'll just look for a used G602 now :v:

If you didn't like the feel of the G500, you probably aren't going to like the G502 either. They are very similar. The G502 seems slightly beefier around the waistline, but it's also slightly more shallow.

I came from a G500 (and a MX518 prior). Unlike those times I flirted with the G9 and a couple of Razers, where the ergonomic change is a little jarring, the change to the G502 is very much unnoticed once you are in the game.

This means that it's G500-ish enough to assume that if you didn't care for the G500 shape, you probably will find similar faults with the G502.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug
Hey, Goo. Since I know you keep up with this thread, I have a question about the logitech gaming software.

It seems like you guys are moving your gaming peripherals into this Logitech Gaming Software suite, which is great (because it works pretty drat well).

But I own a G27, and though my OS recognized it, loaded some drivers for it, etc. I was always having strange compatibility issues with driving games not recognizing the clutch, or wheel buttons etc etc.

I read everywhere that you need the Logitech gaming software installed, and all I could think is "Well, yeah, it's installed, been using it for my G13 and my mice forever...". But! As it ends up, the G27 requires a completely different older software set, also called Logitech Gaming Software.

So now I currently run both, and there's no problems (outside of the confusion on the names), but I was wondering if there are plans to roll the G27 into the newer Gaming Software suite.

Also, I've been using my G502 since release day and the thing owns. Best mouse I've ever used.

Blame Pyrrhus fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 26, 2014