Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Wait is this actually good? I thought there was a rerelease recently that was junk. Is this different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Audax posted:

That's last year's model with the blue track sensor. This is an update on that with a real 3389.

:perfect: Guess I should look for a store that ships to the US or ebay...

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Neurosis posted:

Anyone have much experience paracording mice? The cord on my the mouse I ordered is rubber which might cause some issues. It's also a Kone, and I think they might have a non-standard pin layout for the connection and I'm wondering if there's a way to deal with that other than having to bust out the soldering iron... But I might be getting ahead of myself and it'll be fine with the advanced high quality mouse bungee that is a bit of stickytape on the back of the monitor.

I did a G403 Paracord mod and the company I ordered from had a field to specify the mouse, maybe to preinstall any custom connectors when ordering along with a YouTube video walking through the process. I recommend having extra mouse feet on hand since you'll probably have to peel them back to access all the screws.

I'd contact the company you are buying from and ask to be safe. The mod was absolutely worth it combined with hyperglides for new feet.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

LordAdakos posted:

Have you looked into the cooler master MM720?
It's got a spot for a ring finger to sit. It looks extra wide.

No idea if it's good, it's still new.

I bought this and have had a couple weeks with it now and so far it's been great. I've never used a Xornet or Spawn shape but it's been comfortable. Ultralight makes a huge difference along with a stock paracord style cable.

My previous mouse was a G403, so far I like the MM720 shape more.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

My understanding is it's more of a function of having enough dpi to cover your sensitivity, resolution and fov. If you will experience will pixel skipping or not is the most tangible feeling. Which in practice isn't a huge deal unless you run a low fov, a high sensitivity and a high resolution.