Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
After using a Logitech 518, Logitech G7 and a Razer Lachesis I'd say that pricing is no help because you have no idea how much you like each mouse until you spend 8~ hours with them and there's not much way to compare unless you buy them all.

But screw wireless battery mice, they need changing too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Can't Logitech sort out their "gamer" keyboard range already? They keep charging mechanical keyboard prices for membrane keyboards with LCD screens and backlighting and their only mechanical keyboard is almost the most expensive one on the market.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My MX518 scroll wheel has bitten the dust. It's lasted since 2011. Time to get a 502...

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bought the Logitech G440 mouse pad to replace my ancient Icemat. It's kind of hard for glass to wear out but people complain about hearing it on voice and I'm not sure the rough surface is actually helping me at all.

I was thinking about the Corsair MM600 but it is ugly and expensive.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
MOUSEPAD TRIP REPORT

Logitech G440
Hard pad, polypropylene, polystyrene core and rubber backing
$25

Surprising no-one it's a solid, firm pad of medium thickness. It's described as low friction and it really achieves that compared to a cloth pad but it has a rough feeling that I wasn't fond of. It's also noisy with my G502 mouse.
I didn't hate it but the surface feel was not what I'm after.

Asus Whetsone
Cloth with silicone backing
$39.99

Medium thickness, not floppy like a cloth pad but rolls up. Slightly smaller than the Logitech pads but with a difference in texture due to the raised pattern. The pattern gives you feedback as you move the mouse so the lower friction compared to the G240 is countered by the feeling of the ridges.
This has a really nice premium feel but begs the question, why the gently caress would you make a textured mousepad as your only option? Is there really a market for a bumpy pad? This would be lower friction than the G240 but I don't know . If they made this with a smooth surface it could be a winner.
Price is excessive for a cloth mousepad but it claims to be spill resistant and easy to wash.

Logitech G240
Cloth with rubber backing
$20

Slim, cloth pad. The only thing to really talk about is how slim it is and how good the surface is. The lack of depth works against it giving no cushioning to your wrist and there's no reinforcement to the edges, with such a thin mat I think it's going to fray and wear at the edges over time.
Make it 3mm deep and I wouldn't have much to complain about.

In the end the G240 wins out due to the surface. I can live with the lack of depth. I would be interested in trying the Corsair cloth pads but I'm already wasting money returning two pads.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 22, 2018