Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Do the newer Razer mice (such as the Basilisk wireless) work okay with a Mac? I don't need to have full access to every custom profile I just need the buttons to mostly work on OS X as well as windows. I just want to use one mouse with both of my computers, and I remember the death adder I bought and returned once that literally could not right click on OS X without razers terrible software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

funkymonks posted:

I totally agree with you. I need to run their dumb software. I think they have some mice that have onboard memory to store stuff but I couldn't tell you which ones.

They also stopped releasing updates to their dumb software for OS X, so any mice newer than a certain date literally won't work as far as I can tell. Would love to be told I'm wrong because I really like the Basilisk's feel in-hand as the closest thing to my dying g700s that needs replacing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

wolrah posted:

To extend on this, there are USB HID class drivers built in to any operating system worth using that will support all basic mouse functionality (cursor movement, wheel, and the first five buttons) without any additional software. If anyone ever releases a mouse that doesn't work to at least that level without their specific driver that means the people responsible for it did a poo poo job and would be a solid sign to run screaming in the opposite direction.

Likewise for keyboards and game controllers. All the basic functionality should "just work" on any operating system that properly supports USB, the driver should only be required for advanced features like macros, remapping buttons, LED settings, etc.

Once upon a time I had a Razer mouse that mapped the right click as button 4 or some poo poo, so actually, yes, run screaming maybe? I asked if they'd improved in that respect a while back and didn't get encouraging answers, so I went back to Logitech.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

demostars posted:

There's always this site to visually compare mice, and they've seemed pretty accurate comparing the mice I have on this list to the diagrams: https://gearsearch.gg/shape.html

This website is amazing how have I not seen it before.

Sadly, my beloved Logitech G700s isn't here so I can't use it to figure out what the closest thing in the world to that is. :(

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Minorkos posted:

Logitech G603 or a G403 seem like fairly close analogues to it, but I wouldn't hesitate to try other stuff too. A lot of people have gotten used to mice that are too big/tall for them. For me specifically, any mice with a tall hump (usually mice over 4.0cm in height) tend to strain my arm after longer sessions.

the indentation for the thumb on the left is much more aggressive