Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I went ahead and grabbed a G700s for ~$75 shipped thanks to a sale, and holy poo poo it's actually really good. I'm not an MLGPROGAMERFUKYEAH, so if there's a difference between this and my old wired G500 I can't tell. I haven't used a wireless mouse for gaming before, and I honestly can't tell the difference with this thing. I did have to turn off acceleration because that poo poo was being a bit too predictive, but beyond that it's been loving stellar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

black.lion posted:

I used to have an MX Revolution and it was the best mouse in terms of how it fit my hand, big enough (to avoid cramping) but not too big, fantastic shape, and I don't care enough about my videogame scores to worry about wireless lag too much.

If you follow that link, you'll find that a new one is $280. Why? What Amazon calls theNew Model looks different and is $80, so are the old MX Revolutions prized for something? Skimming this thread, I hear about the G700 and G700s. Are these comparable in size/shape/feel to the old Revolution? I just want something as close to that as I can come.

The G700s certainly looks comparable, but I don't know how large the MX Rev is. The G500 is actually smaller than the G700s, though not by a lot, and the 700s feels much more comfortable to me, and I have long fingers.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

big mean giraffe posted:

The way the cord sits in the g700s it really holds it in place. It's an awesome mouse and I really recommend it.

This. The G700s is easily the best mouse I've ever owned. The cord is a bit stiff, however, but that's only an issue if you're actually playing something. For non-games poo poo you can safely leave the thing plugged in.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

o muerte posted:

How are the thumb buttons for you? It seems like there are so many that I'd constantly hit the wrong one by accident.

There's four, and the way they're shaped is such that you can identify them just by touch. It's actually really easy to figure out which button you're pressing without looking at the mouse. The only learning curve that I had to deal with (for about the first 10 minutes) was that the BOTTOM two buttons act as forward/back in browsers, not the TOP two. That's the only hiccup I had and it lasted only a few minutes, and it only applies to the default settings. You can, of course, remap all the buttons to do whatever the gently caress you want, so really the point is irrelevant.