Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I got a logitech g500 since it's the mx518 + some. I like it enough. But it seems like it's too small for my hands. And I just have medium-ish hands. Not big by any means. I was going to get the Razer mamba but went for the mx518. I'd like to try the mamba before I invest into it.

My laptop ended up coming with a sweet mouse though. It's a rebadged HP voodoo. Same thing just with rubber material instead of that CF look and an Asus light up symbol.

It doesn't have as many features as the G500 but I think I like it better and will use it.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Gaming-Mouse-with-VooDooDNA/dp/B001HLF2KO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It's simple and cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think I need to recommend this mouse again. I got the logitech g500 but in the end like this one better. I posted about it on the page before.

Simple, comfortable, and cheap. I have the Asus ROG (Republic of Gamers) version which is the same except that carbon fiber looking material is rubber and it says Asus and some other minor differences. The rubberized material is probably better, though. Pesky fingerprints

Review -

http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/index.php/GGaming/comments/review_hp_laser_gaming_mouse_with_voodoo_dna/

Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Gaming-Mouse-with-VooDooDNA/dp/B001HLF2KO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Picture for the lazy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Tab8715 posted:

What's everyone using for a mouse pad?

I spent about an hour reading reviews on newegg and settled on this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817114174&cm_sp=MyNewegg-_-RctPur-_-Pst02Descrip

I saw the other ridiculously large ones which I guess would be better but I don't have the space and it's for my laptop. It's real flimsly which is nice for packing up and always unrolls perfectly flat. Nice and smooth. The design is pretty cool. It's not the plain black in the photo. At least the one they shipped me.

I also found this which I guess is the hybrid version? Bigger plus accessories or something? I didn't get a plastic tube or anything.

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/xtracpads_hybrid

The Gasmask posted:

This is the Ideazon Reaper Edge. Exactly the same mouse, it looks like. I use it and it's wonderful (Ideazon one, that is).

E: I posted this way back in the thread, but I have to say again how amazing this kind of mouse is. It fits my hand perfectly, the adjustable DPI is a godsend, and having the thumb buttons set up like they are is great.

Heh, I have the Asus "Republic of Gamers" mouse. I guess this is just a highly rebadged mouse. I think I'd prefer it because it' rubberized (Y'know. Bacon grease and all)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Gasmask posted:

Oooh, that one looks much nicer than mine, the rubber seems like such a logical addition. Since this style of mouse is probably the same weight all around, does the rubber do anything for you, like better grip or feel or something? If mine ever bites the dust I'll be looking at the same style, and the ASUS looks like it might be it.

It's definitely better all around than any sort of plastic or smooth surface. No grease, fingerprints, etc. Good grip. Feels nice and smooth.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Gasmask posted:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that mouse? Now that I'm interested, I've been looking at different stores, but both NewEgg and Amazon don't seem to have it. I'm hoping it's not discontinued, but it looks like it might be.

I'm actually not sure how you'd get it. It came with my Asus ROG (Republic of Gamers) G73 JH A-1. I think it only comes with the a-1 model with the backpack and such.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

err posted:

Hey goons, I am trying to find a gaming mouse for myself, the only problem is I'm 6'3 and have pretty large hands. Are there any suggestions for a slightly larger mouse?

I was interested in the G500, but after reading a few reviews they said it may pose problems for larger hands. So, any suggestions?

I have medium-ish hands and I felt the g500 was too small imo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

Wow, for 70 bucks that's a steal. I think I paid like 120 for mine and I think it was worth every penny. For anyone looking for an amazing wireless mouse, I'd definitely think about hopping on that deal.

gently caress, I've always wanted one. I like my mouse now, though. But that thing looks sweet. I heard the built quality is pretty crappy considering the price and they have a lot of issues and fall apart. Aside from that, though..

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So how is the R.A.T. 9 or whatever. The wireless one? I like my mouse but I'm a nerd and need the latest and greatest so, you know.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

GosuProbe posted:

Absolutely not.

Yeah. I already have two mice and want this one. It's the same as the 7 just wireless, right? Is it bluetooth or does it need some wireless usb dongle or something? Is the non-wireless version popular?

Also I got the Razer vespula mouse pad because I wanted something that was big with wrist support. It's not obnoxiously large, has two side, and the wrist support is quite small and unobtrusive. I recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Vespula-RZ02-00320100-R3U1-Dual-Sided-Gaming/dp/B0036WTBFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284932081&sr=8-1

I can take photos if you guys would like to see the size.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Gothmog1065 posted:

Oooh, okay. That's actually pretty interesting. Does the G500 have the ability to switch or am I reading the last bit wrong?

Yeah, you can switch between the smooth scroll and the notchy scroll. There's a button below the mouse wheel for it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode

$35 free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals

I didn't particularly like the way it felt in my hand but otherwise a nice mouse. It has pretty much good reviews anywhere

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I remember I posted about my rebranded Asus Republic of Gamers mouse that came with my Asus g73 jh and got a lot of pms about it. The original or other version you could buy doesn't have the rubberized surface and has plastic, I think.

Anyways apparently now you can actually buy it. I like this mouse a lot.

Click here for the full 1500x1500 image.

http://www.amazon.com/GX800-3200DPI-Laser-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B003QR6F80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294009703&sr=8-1

Could probably find it cheaper elsewhere

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ClosedBSD posted:

Just got the HP version for Christmas, still my all-time favorite mouse

Yeah I think there's about 3 including the Asus one. They all just have different materials/lighting and such. I think the Asus is the best because of the rubberized surfance. I think one of them was plastic and I'd hate that. Because you know us goons and our greasy hands.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Christoff posted:

I remember I posted about my rebranded Asus Republic of Gamers mouse that came with my Asus g73 jh and got a lot of pms about it. The original or other version you could buy doesn't have the rubberized surface and has plastic, I think.

Anyways apparently now you can actually buy it. I like this mouse a lot.

Click here for the full 1500x1500 image.

http://www.amazon.com/GX800-3200DPI-Laser-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B003QR6F80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294009703&sr=8-1

Could probably find it cheaper elsewhere

All this chatter

*ahem*

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I have this mouse and it's a solid one

https://wi.somethingawful.com/33/330497638d9b5b8de1d530af09e274f045c01888.jpg

Can you even buy it anymore?

Oh wait there it is

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VZJA78/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

and kinda want to get the g400 just to see what all those years of hype was about. $40 isn't much at all. I bought the g500 a while ago and while it was a nice mouse I didn't like the way it fit my hand.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 17, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I never had an mx518 but gently caress it I'm going to try the g400.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just got the G400 in. Not sure if I like it. Maybe I have to get used to it but I think I prefer my old mouse. I tried the G500 and didn't like the fit, either. Someone here told me not to try the G400 since it's pretty much the same. Good thing I listened.

I don't really have big hands but I feel like I'd like something that supported the heel of my hand more and wouldn't drag it on the mat. If I raise my hand up too high it just makes my middle finger extend far too much past the scroll wheel.

I need to stop buying mice and just go to a store and try them out.

My old mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VZJA78/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

:stare:

It used to be like $25. Guess it got popular

Dear god goons help me find a mouse!

So if anyone wants to buy a G400 used for all of about 5 minutes...

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 17, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Goo posted:

I don't need to buy one but if you get a second and wouldn't mind satisfying my curiosity, what is the PID number on the bottom of the mouse?

LZ13533

I may just give it to my mom when I go home we'll see

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone have any experiences with anker mouses? They make good electronics.

They have two it seems but I was looking at this one - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CDINUTK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24Z76Z0M3YHP8&coliid=I3A6T9D4KI9HD5

It's cheap and seems nice and wide for the way I hold mice. Reviews seem positive. I'm probably going to get it but was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this particular mouse.

Also, I use this mouse currently which I highly recommend - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072G4LB4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24Z76Z0M3YHP8&coliid=I1ROQ8TH2M113T

It came with my asus laptop and has gone through quite a beating and still works fine. I just want to try something new which is why I'm looking at the anker. That being said if you want a nice and simple gaming mouse definitely look at this one. I prefer the thumb buttons over the way they're regularly set up. It's the same as the one I have but it looks like they increased the DPI.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty set on the Logitech G602. How are you guys liking it?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for the reply. Seemed it solved a lot of the issues wireless mice before had. Battery, response, etc. It's about $60 now which isn't TOO bad. God knows I wasn't going to fork over the cash for that crazy R.A.T 7 or 9 or whatever it was. My only concern is the feel of the thumb buttons. I feel it's a bit overkill what they have but hey!I use the poo poo out of back/forward, though. How are you liking and using the thumb buttons?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Jan posted:

It took a bit of getting used to the location of the forward/back buttons out of the six, but now it's pretty natural. I haven't really gotten in the habit of using the other extra buttons much, but they're nice to have when I do.

Peanut3141 posted:

Not sure I can give a good opinion on the thumb buttons as I don't tend to use them much. Best I can tell you is that I never hit them accidentally, I just tend to forget they're there. For me the feel in the hand is great though.

Thanks for the help. I'm pretty much set on the mouse but was worried about the thumb buttons. Not sure if I'll use anything but back/forward but hey they're there!

Thanks again and hopefully it helps other people curious about the 602

I had no idea about this incremental DPI or w/e borderline :spergin: stuff. I doubt I'd notice a difference. Alas, increments of 250 for me!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 1, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:drat: 12,000 DPI!?

Wired only? :(

Was about to order the G602. If the G602 really is more wide and higher arched I may rather have that one. Ive used a G500 and didn't like the feeling/size too much. Felt too narrow and small. I do really like the thumb button layout on the G502 though.

Anyone have any input on the feel of the G500 vs the G502?

Maybe I'll just look for a used G602 now :v:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for the reply. Will probably end up with the g602 then. I'd like to try out a g502 but it's not a big deal. Could care less about the DPI I just really like the thumb buttons on it. I avoided wireless mice initially but it seems the g602 fixed all the problems wireless gaming mouse had.

So, who's selling hteir g602 then?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The logitech G602 is like $50 on amazon I just noticed. Was $60-65 before? If anyone cares.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why couldn't they make a wireless version :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Having a wired and wireless option in the same mouse would be ideal but alas. Just ordered a 602 $50 on amazon so we'll see how that is!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The g602 has like 6 buttons and can go a long time on batteries. Like 250 hours? Just get a couple of rechargeable and you'll be good

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So the G602 is pretty nice. I was hoping it'd be a bit bigger but it'll work. The ergonomics are good and I like the thumb rest but something feels..off. When I hold it completely comfortably then I can't reach the mousewheel. Either way I'm going to keep using it. The side buttons are a bit hard to distinguish. Using max DPI and I feel I could go a bit higher but it works.

I got the DPI buttons to page up/down and side buttons to back/forward, home, end, alt-f4, and F5 for refresh. Pretty sweet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This mouse is so smooth it's pretty easy once you get used to it. Have a large monitor as well

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guess it also depends what your pointer speed is in the windows setting. Just left mine on the default 6

I keep adjusting the number of lines scrolled with the mouse wheel in the windows mouse settings but it keeps randomly resetting. Anyone know a solution?

-Edit katmouse has it's own option for this and that was loving it up

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 18, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

G602 is an amazing mouse and super smoothe. Unless you need more than 2500 DPI I recommend it. It's as good as wireless gaming mouse get. If you want wires though then yeah. But the batteries last forever and there's no lag

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Logitech G602 is $50 at newegg now and looks like amazon still. G502 chat aside it's a fantastic mouse.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

is there a good wireless mouse to go along with my Surface Pro when I'm on the go that will connect both via bluetooth or a dongle?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

Microsoft specifically went and made a surface mouse:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/surface/accessories/surface-mouse

It's been very well received.

Eh, it’s just a fancy non-gaming wireless mouse with surface “aesthetics,” whatever that means. I just noticed there was a wireless keyboard (newer Logitech k830) that had Bluetooth and a unifying dongle. I assumed the dongle plugged in somewhere on the keyboard for storage like how they usually plug into the bottom of a mouse but after digging I guess not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

did we hit a plateau or what is the latest and greatest aside from the same two logitech gaming mice always on sale on amazon