Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alien8
Jul 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sointenly posted:

Alright, so i have one small quirk with my new MX Revo...

The strange default assignments that they give to the scroll wheel and thumb buttons. I mean it would seem logical that the thumb wheel would be set to "thumb wheel" by default right? (its not!) but its pretty easily corrected with the logitech software.

Also, for those of you who have this mouse... do you use the "smart scrool" or just manually change the scroll?

I had mine set to smart scroll for ages until I realized that the manual scroll-switching could be remapped using uberOptions. I've now got it mapped to the (pointless) zoom button right below the scroll wheel. Perfect!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alien8
Jul 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nibble posted:

Smart scroll all the way, I like the ratcheting feel when making small motions but it's really easy to flick it for free scroll when needed.

I think my MX Rev might be finally showing its age, as my left-click has started to occasionally drop if I press with normal click pressure. Only really matters when dragging something, and on occasion it'll register a slow single click as a double, but it comes up enough that it's a minor annoyance. Pressing harder seems to keep it pressed 100% of the time, so I'm thinking it's the click switch mechanism starting to go. This is after ~3 years of moderate to heavy use including gaming, is that a normal lifespan for an MX Rev?

I had the same problem with an older Logitech mouse I had. I think it might have been the MX620, but I'm not positive. Anyways, the mouse was 3 or 4 years old and if I'd bang it against the desk, I'd get another week of perfect use out of it before I'd run into the left-click issues like you. I was aware at the time that Logitech likely would have honoured the out-of-date warranty, but I found a great deal on the MX5500 set, so I went with that instead.

I figure that if I get 3 years of fairly heavy use out of my Revolution, I'll be pretty happy with that. I do have a question for you, though. What are your charging habits like? Do you throw it on the charger every night, every couple of nights, or do you wait for it to get low before you charge it. I've never had a mouse with non-user-replaceable batteries before, and I'd like to maximize the life of the unit.