Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I guess this is the mouse recommendation thread?

I think I'm on my 3rd Logitech G600 MMO gaming mouse and all of them have developed the same problem, over time they start double clicking when I single click. This same mouse that I like and am used to is only $40 on Amazon, so I'm tempted to just order another and deal with the problem again in 2-3 years.

Or should I consider a different mouse with hopefully better quality? I don't actually play MMO's anymore, but having thumb buttons is nice. I mostly like it for it's size, since I have kind of large hands. Any recommendations?

My only requirements are:

Something that fits larger hands well
Wired preferably or at least the ability to use it wired, already have too many things that need to be charged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I asked this a little over a year ago and didn't get any responses.

Is there anything similar to the wired Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse in size/form factor but better quality? These things start doing double click inputs on a single click after a year or so and I'm on like my 4th one and it's starting again.

edit: Or what is just some quality wired mouse options in general ok for bigger hands? I'm kind of tired of buying/supporting this lovely mouse just because I like how it feels.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 21, 2022

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Razer Naga probably. It has optical switches for the main buttons.

It seems like a lot of the mouse with optical switches have complaints about the mouse wheel reversing after x amount of time. So basically there is no good mouse and/or they are all made to fail and I'm just going to buy a Logitech G600 for like the 5th time because it's the cheapest one out of all of these.

:negative:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I was looking at the Roccat Kone AIMO but 6 out of the last 10 sorted by most recent reviews said it failed within a year and/or the scroll wheel started not working correctly. Apparently Roccat has a 2 year warranty, but will only do one replacement.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Well I'm trying out the ROCCAT Kone AIMO despite the mouse wheel issues rather than buying a 5th Logitech G600. It's a big mouse, but definitely not a replacement of the feel of the G600 to the point where I kind of don't like it. I had to disable the T3 button as I seemed to keep accidentally pressing it, not a huge deal as I wouldn't use that button for anything anyways. It feels like my hand is sliding all over, wish there was a bit of grip or maybe after a while my hand oils will make it less slick. The lighting is actually pretty cool if you are into that, I would probably prefer no lights but I can't even find a mouse I like as is let alone putting any importance on that.

I wouldn't buy this one again if it flakes out, but I'm stubborn and I'll use it for now rather than buying another Logitech mouse. Probably see you all again in a year or two :negative: