Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Welp I'm sending my G502 back. It is super comfortable and tracks very well but I have the issue where it right clicks when I pick up the mouse and the mousewheel while nice is just too slick for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I really hope logitech makes some other mice with the G502's sensor. I really liked how it tracked but the metal wheel just wasn't working for me.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

NihilCredo posted:

Could you expand a little on the wheel? I'm going to pick up either a G502 or a G700/s to replace my dying G500 (the receipt was left half a continent away :( ) and that could be a deciding factor.

It's important that it 'tilts' well in particular, as I use that feature a lot both working and gaming; I recently found a Performance MX at work and while it's still a great mouse the wheel doesn't click when tilting, which is a bit annoying.

I have small hands so the way I hold the mouse, my scroll wheel finger only reaches like 25% of the exposed portion of the wheel. On rubberized wheels, this is fine because i can get sufficient grip. On the metal wheel, it was too slick. If you have bigger hands or hold your mouse such that your finger is completely on the top center of the wheel, you shouldn't have the issue I have.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Well I've come to the conclusion that the newer Logitech mice are just too big for me. I had to return the g402 now because I can't reach the sniper button and can't even come close to reaching the dpi buttons. The mouse is actually fairly usable but with no tilt wheel and three buttons out of reach it doesn't have enough buttons for me.

Goo please make mice sized for ladies and guys like me with baby hands.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I almost loved the 302 but the shape is not good. The hump on the left side of the mouse was very uncomfortable for my thumb whether I was using my palm or my fingertips. Other than that it was as close to a perfect mouse for me. I like the buttons, scroll wheel, size, and aesthetic a lot.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I also really hate mice that are tall or have a huge hump. I use a Razer Lancehead but it is symmetrical too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

CaptainPsyko posted:

Do the newer Razer mice (such as the Basilisk wireless) work okay with a Mac? I don't need to have full access to every custom profile I just need the buttons to mostly work on OS X as well as windows. I just want to use one mouse with both of my computers, and I remember the death adder I bought and returned once that literally could not right click on OS X without razers terrible software.

I totally agree with you. I need to run their dumb software. I think they have some mice that have onboard memory to store stuff but I couldn't tell you which ones.