Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Christoff posted:

Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode

$35 free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals

I didn't particularly like the way it felt in my hand but otherwise a nice mouse. It has pretty much good reviews anywhere

That G500 looks very tempting because the G5 I've had for about 4-5 years is starting to wear out(feet worn flat, left click button just about wore out). I am trying to decide between this and the G700 but I'm not sure. Right now I'm using a basic wireless Logitech mouse which hasn't had any hiccups but the the ergonomics on it are terrible - it's too small and ambidextrous. So do I go with wired for $35 or wireless for $85?

edit: gently caress it, at that price I'm getting the G500. The wired G5 has served me well for over 5 years and I don't want to pay the $50 wireless premium.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Did I miss out by never owning or even using a MX518? As far as gaming mice go, I had a MX1000 for about a year then I got a G5 which I've now had for over 5 years and yesterday I ordered a G500 just before the sale ended on newegg. I love my G5 but its wearing out so I hope the G500 is just as good.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 1, 2010

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I've had my Logitech G500 for a few days now and I'll say it's more of an evolution than a revolution over my previous G5. It has the same shape, grip texture, and weight adjustment as the G5 although they went with a somewhat more tacky color design on the top of it. Having three thumb buttons and relocating the dpi adjustment buttons to the left of the left click button are nice changes. The buttons have a crisper feel to them as well. The scroll wheel is nice too but I'm still trying to get used to the free-wheel mode for fast page scrolling.

The 5700dpi is overkill for any game I tried it on but I only play FPS and RPG games mostly anyway so I don't know what you would need that high of a dpi resolution for. 2000dpi is more than enough for me and I still use a mouse pad. The only critique I can think of is that it's not cordless like the G700 but I didn't have a problem with the cord on my G5. I don't have to worry about wireless hiccups or battery recharges/replacements either so it's a not a big deal. If you have an old G5 and you want to upgrade, I'd recommend it.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I did a comparison and the grip texture on my G500 is rougher than on my G5 but I don't have a problem with it but apparently some people do. The thumb button layout does look better on the G700 but its wireless meaning you have to worry about recharges and potential wireless dropouts. The $90 pricetag doesn't sit well with me either especially since I got my G500 on sale for $35. The way I see it, different people are going to like a different gaming mouse. Some people seem be like "You can have my MX518 when you pry it from my cold dead hands." I knew the MX518 was popular but it seems to have a cult following in a way. I may get one if they go on sale just out of curiosity.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I got my MX518 today and I can see why people like it and I'm now asking myself why I didn't get one of these in the first place.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

What's a good wireless gaming mouse for the money these days? I currently have a Logitech G400 and I think the wire on it is starting to crap out but I've had it for over 5 years so the scroll wheel and left click button is wearing out too. Does Logitech make a decent wireless gaming mouse that won't break the bank?

Edit: The G403 wireless looks nice but then I remember the thread title. Is it worth $100?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 2, 2017

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

After doing some more thinking and research I'm thinking of getting the G402 instead because its shape is similar to my G400 and the cord looks more robust as well. And it's only $40 on Amazon so it's priced to sell.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I decided to get the G402 from Amazon and I should get it Tuesday.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Got my G402 and I'm liking it so far because the scroll wheel is so much better but the shape and fit are a little bit different. I now have to keep my ring finger on the side of the mouse with my pinky finger otherwise I might accidentally right click with my ring finger.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

drat it the angular shape of the G402 is making it uncomfortable after a while specifically for my ring and pinky fingers. I'm now thinking of getting a G203 or a G303 since they have a more rounded shape and return the G402.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 10, 2017

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I got a G203 and it's much more comfortable so the G402 is getting sent back. Yeah I know the G203 only rated for 10 million clicks per button but I think my old G400 was rated for that many clicks and the cable wore out instead of the buttons.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Any recommendations for a mouse bungee? Is a generic one from Amazon good enough?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Is the G900 still the best wireless mouse at the moment? And how sensitive are the click buttons on the G900? I have a G203 and my main complaint about it is that the buttons are too light and easy to click by accident.

Edit: Amazon has the G900 on sale for $100 right now so yay or nay?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 28, 2017

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

How often does the G900 go on sale for $75? I don't want to order one for $100 and then it goes on sale for $75.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Any speculation on how much the G900 will be on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

SpaceBanditos posted:

I always wander into this thread thinking "I should see if there's any good deals on mice" and have consistently missed g900 sales by a week.. hopefully Black Friday comes through for me.

:same:

I'll be :f5: amazon, bestbuy, and newegg like a madman on black Friday. I want a G900 too but I want a good deal on one as well.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I saw the G302 on sale on Amazon for :20bux: so I got one (because the most I could spend was $50 and the G900 was still $75-$100) and I think I have a new favorite mouse because I really like the size, shape, and the buttons because they aren't too light. I kept accidentally right-clicking on my G203's hair-trigger buttons which I found annoying. So I went from a G203 to a G302...Logitech's mouse naming convention is becoming almost as stupid as Nvidia's video card naming convention.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 23, 2017

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Argh, I can't decide what mouse and keyboard mat to get for my desk that's ~$20 and no bigger than 36" x 16". Any suggestions?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Deviant posted:

spend a few extra dollars and get the one razer product that doesn't require synapse

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Goliathus-Overwatch-Mouse-Professional-Grade/dp/B01DXVKEJY

Or the QCX XXL which i use and is the exact size you asked for

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-67500-QcK-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00WAA2704

It doesn't have to be 36" x 16" the mat just can't be any bigger than exactly 36" x 16" (I checked with a measuring tape) or it won't fit on my desk with my soundbar and my 4K HDTV with its feet that stick out a little bit. But I do want it large enough for both a standard-sized keyboard and mouse for gaming. The Razer one is slightly too long but that SteelSeries one looks nice and it would fit on my desk but it doesn't have the edge stitching or is that not a big deal?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 19, 2018

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

After much thought and indecision I finally have my heart set on a mouse+keyboard mat:

https://www.amazon.com/Sanag-Washab...aming+mouse+mat

Good size, edge stitching, and only $15.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I want a good wireless gaming mouse with a lot of buttons and the Logitech G602 is only $35 on Amazon. Yes or no?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I went ahead and ordered a G602 and it should be coming today. I wanted a wireless gaming mouse with a lot of buttons so it's easier for me to play Fortnite certain games.

Edit: I got my G602 and I'm really liking it so far. How it feels in my hand reminds me of my old MX1000 that I had years ago.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 13, 2018

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Now that I've had my G602 for a while, the only problem I have with it so far is that the scroll wheel is too sensitive in that if I start to move the scroll wheel in one direction it will sometimes scroll one more line before the scroll wheel itself finishes the scroll click action.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 25, 2018

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Well yesterday I found out I could use my G602 with just a single AA battery so I tried it out and it's noticeably lighter and it feels more balanced. And I feel like an idiot for having this mouse for months and not knowing about this feature.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Since I like the shape and feel of my G602 would I like the G502? I basically want a lighter and wired version of the G602 in terms of shape and feel and it looks like the G502 comes closest.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 27, 2018

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I got myself a G502 and while I really like it so far especially the scroll wheel my only problem with it is the braided cable. Do I need to worry about it fraying?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 1, 2018

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Humerus posted:

Obviously ymmv but I was at Target yesterday and they had G603s on clearance for $48 and G903s for $104. I very nearly bought the 603 but I decided to hold out for a wireless 502 style mouse, because I feel like it will happen eventually.

Don't worry now that I bought a wired G502 Logitech will release a wireless version just to annoy me.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Just like I got the non-RGB one a couple weeks before they released the RGB one.

Well Logitech is going to release another iteration of the G502 the "G502 Hero" which only has a somewhat better sensor (16000dpi vs 12000dpi) and that's it the mouse is still wired with a braided cable. It will also be $80 at launch and I got my Proteus Spectrum model for $50+tax. If the Hero model had been wireless or had a non-braided cable then I would have waited for a sale.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

astral posted:

Looks like the G502 Proteus Spectrum is on sale at Walmart + Amazon for $38.75

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-G502-Proteus-Spectrum-RGB-Turntable-Gaming-Mouse/153731886

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Shifting-Personalized-Programmable/dp/B019OB663A

I saw a few complaints in the reviews about the scroll wheel being a little more difficult than usual to click down or the scroll wheel rattling when moving the mouse; any truth to that?

Yes the scroll wheel is a little more difficult for me to click down but only when I have it in "fast scroll" mode but I have gotten used to it and yes the scroll wheel rattles a little bit if you shake the mouse back and forth. My only real complaint about the G502 is that it's not wireless. Why won't Logitech make a wireless version of the G502? Are they afraid it would cut into G903 sales?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I was thinking about getting a G603 but after reading some of the Amazon reviews now I'm not so sure. Are the issues with the mouse that widespread?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I would want something with a grip texture because my hand sometimes gets sweaty while gaming so I might just stick with my 602 and 502 for now since they have a grip texture. I switched back to my 602 and even though it's slightly heavier not having to deal with a cord is so nice.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 31, 2019

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

HEY!

loving HEY! YOU!

THE MX518 IS loving BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBWZp0ud1nA

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

THEY BROUGHT THE loving MX518 BACK AND UPGRADED ITS GUTS!

Make a wireless version you cowards.

A wireless MX518 or G502 would be the perfect mouse imho.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Do we have a release date for the new MX518 yet?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I pre-ordered the new MX518 on Amazon and I'm getting a estimated arrival date of Wednesday the 27th. Maybe if it sells well enough Logitech will make a Lightspeed Wireless version of it.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Goo posted:

I understand why you'd be suspicious, and I'm not going to try to change your mind about whether to purchase, but for future reference it honestly is our official Amazon storefront.

That's good to know because that's where I ordered mine from on Amazon.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Amazon is now saying I'll get my MX518 Tuesday instead of Wednesday now. :woop:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Posting with my new MX518 and I will say it is definitely for MX518 purists. The cord does have reinforcement where it goes into the mouse which is nice because that's where my OG MX518 failed; the part of the cable where in went into the mouse wore out and broke after ~5 years of heavy use.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 26, 2019

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I wonder if Rocket Jump Ninja will do a review of the new MX518. So far my only critique is that it isn't wireless but I'm just nitpicking and this mouse was made for purists after all. I'm thinking we'll get a Lightspeed Wireless version if the wired version sells well enough.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Now I remember why I liked the MX518 shape so much. I can rest my ring finger on the top of the mouse just to the right of the right click button. Much more comfortable for me anyway.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In my case, I actually gripped the mouse using that ledge using my ring finger. Not being able to do that anymore basically ruined me for any mouse that wasn't an MX518. =T

@Goo: Evidence that the MX518 may be catching more people by surprise than you'd ideally want: Packaging looked like it had been opened from the bottom, and then taped back up with an Amazon internal tracking label. Mouse seems like it had everything, I'll take it up with Amazon if anything isn't, but I'd wager that someone along the line went like, "wait, holy poo poo they're making new ones of these?!" and opened it up to give it a quick hands-on feel test.

I do agree that the clicks feel snappier than the older MX518. Even put in my earplugs to make sure I wasn't being thrown off by the audible click noise.

More first impressions as they come.

Well this mouse's shape is comfortable to different people in different ways which is why it was so popular. I might be able to play first person shooters without my hand cramping up after an hour or so now. And it looks like my MX518 box might have been opened and closed back in the same exact way but I took a close look at the mouse after unboxing it and I didn't see any dirt or fingerprints on it unless they were wearing gloves. :tinfoil:

Configuring the mouse with the Logitech software was a bit of a pain but I got it figured out. I only want two dpi settings: 800dpi and 1600dpi and I set the dpi shift button to dpi cycle because I always found dpi shift to be awkward because you have to press and hold the button down.