Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power
The logitech hate just makes me want to chime in and say my mx518 that is at least 7 years old is still working strong. Pretty sure people who complain about their poo poo breaking need to stop being so ham fisted.

I have been thinking about picking up a new mouse though and cannot decide between the 602 and the FUNC-3. I've read good reviews about both in this thread and I am just wondering if anyone had any experience with both. The wireless of the 602 is calling to me as my mx performance that I use with my laptop has been great even though it just turned 5 and has been dropped long distances many times on hard surfaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power

dusty posted:

Mx series were beautiful - mouse on my friend. I don't think you'll be as impressed with current stuff though - it is a lot nastier [imho].

Yeah that's why I've been thinking about trying out the FUNC or perhaps the corsair M...60? 65? Something like that. I just don't know, it's a large scary world of choices. My local shops only have the generic $20 mice out on display so I can't even get my hands on one before I buy.

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power
I use a xtrac ripper xl cloth mouse pad and I love it. I also have some no name brand metal pad and I love that too. Downside to the cloth is it gets dirty quickly, the upside to that is you can wash it and make it brand new. Upside to the metal is it takes awhile to get dirty, downside is you can't really clean them. On my metal pad I wore away the finish on it where I rest my palm, and then it started to turn pink... From my dead skin cells or something. As far as tracking on the pads I don't really notice a difference.

On the mouse front I ordered and used the logitech G602 and while the wireless was nice, I quickly encountered interference and "lag" problems. Best buy was and maybe still is having a 25% sale on logitech mice so I figured maybe I would pick up the G700s. When I got to best buy I was actually able to hold the 700s and it felt terrible in my hand and the buttons felt cheap (although as a demo mouse maybe they had already given up the ghost). With that in mind and with my love for my old MX518 I figured I would just pick up the G400s as it is the new version. After a week of use I'm in love with it just as much as I was with the 518. It feels great in my hand, and while the side buttons and the scroll wheel feel the tiniest bit cheaper, it is still a wonderful experience.

All that being said it does seem like the 400s has the same problem that my 518 has. I only really experience it playing WoW. I'll be holding down the right button and moving my screen around when it suddenly snaps to a different view without me moving it there. So say I was looking straight ahead and then bam I'm staring up at the sky, or in the opposite direction.