Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

dvgrhl posted:

Have you looked at the VX Nano? It's like a mini MX Revolution, but the USB receiver is the smallest thing I have seen:

It's not Bluetooth, but I use it on my MacBook and love it.

I got this for my netbook. It's so awesome that I stopped using my MX1000 on my desktop and just use this everywhere. I think I'm going to bring it to work tomorrow :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Red_Fred posted:

Does anyone have any objections to the Logitech Anywhere Mouse M905?

I have a different opinion for this mouse than everyone else, it seems. I think's that mouse is absolutely fantastic. But then again, going back to what NihilCredo said, I have the hands of a twelve year old Asian girl.

If you are specifically shopping for a smaller mouse, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, I'd keep looking.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Anyone have any thoughts on buying a refurbished G9X from eBay for around $40? Here and here

I'm a little hesitant on delving into refurbished mouse territory, but I can't find a new G9X for less than an arm and a leg.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

kaschei posted:

I replaced my G9x with a corsair M40 that was on sale over the holidays. It's a decent replacement if what you're after is the shape and size. It is a optical mouse so if you prefer laser I guess you need the M60/M65? which I'm told are the same shape but with a better body (aluminum) but laser sensor (and with a sniper button on the left side). I will say that I could get the G9x to stop tracking by moving really really quickly, and I can't make the M40 stop tracking however quickly I move the mouse.

Unfortunately the wheel is noticeably harder to turn and much harder to spin quickly, and I miss the freewheel on those rare times I thought to use it. I'm only recommending it because the form factor is close enough for me and I thought I was picky about these things (before I read the reviews on certain incredibly picky websites).

The size and shape are a big reason as to why I'm looking at the G9x, and for that reason the Corsair M40 does look pretty nice. But I'm addicted to Logitech scroll wheels. That free-scroll :swoon:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on buying a refurbished G9X from eBay for around $40? Here and here

I'm a little hesitant on delving into refurbished mouse territory, but I can't find a new G9X for less than an arm and a leg.

In case anyone was also looking at these, mine showed up the other day from smartgadgetsonline. Other than a couple superficial scuffs on the bottom, it's in perfect condition.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
What's out there right now with a similar size/shape as a G9X? Preferably still with that hyperscroll (which I guess means Logitech, unless someone else is making scrollwheels like that).

I'm trying a G900 right now, and am going to return it tomorrow. I've got tiny hands, and this thing is way too large for me. Despite using for a week, I still can't find a comfortable grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

What's out there right now with a similar size/shape as a G9X? Preferably still with that hyperscroll (which I guess means Logitech, unless someone else is making scrollwheels like that).

I'm trying a G900 right now, and am going to return it tomorrow. I've got tiny hands, and this thing is way too large for me. Despite using for a week, I still can't find a comfortable grip.

Forget the Performance or G403! Found a guy selling a new-in-box G9X on Craigslist for $25. Just plugged it in and it's in perfect condition.