Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Do you think you are dealing with a 4-year-old child to whom you can give some walnuts and chocolates and get gold from him?
Soiled Meat

Sointenly posted:

BUT... $100... really?

Just wondering what the consensus is on these higher end setups? are they even worth consideration?

Would appreciate some feedback on what you're using as well.

I have a Logitech MX Revolution, which I got when my 2 year old MX1000 (I think this was the model) stopped holding a charge. Logitech sent it to me for free since their mice come with a 3 year warranty. I absolutely love it, and will only buy Logitech mice in the future.

As to if $100 is worth it, next to the keyboard, the mouse is the part of the computer you use the most. Having a good mouse that is comfortable and has the features you want is easily worth spending $100 if you have it. And with a Logitech mouse you are guaranteed to get 3 years out of it.

Mice aren't like a Killer NIC or anything like that, the $100 ones cost more because they are typically worth the extra cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Do you think you are dealing with a 4-year-old child to whom you can give some walnuts and chocolates and get gold from him?
Soiled Meat

Godzilla07 posted:

What's the best Bluetooth mouse that works great with a Mac? The MX Revolution looks awesome but it has a USB receiver which I don't want. The Magic Mouse came with my iMac but it has bad ergonomics. The MX Revolution with Bluetooth would be ideally what i'm looking for if there is one.

Have you looked at the VX Nano? It's like a mini MX Revolution, but the USB receiver is the smallest thing I have seen:

It's not Bluetooth, but I use it on my MacBook and love it. But if it really has to be Bluetooth, I have seen lots of people using the Microsoft 5000 with their MacBooks: