Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Yeah - actually these complaints have made me piece together the numerous logitech failures I've had. I've spent way too much on logitech mice over the years, since I originally spent $320 on the mx700 when it was fresh off the boat (best mouse ever, still cry myself to sleep on anniversary of the loss).

Gotta say looking at my current stable of failing logitechs that I'm loathe to get another. My partner's 905 is currently making GBS threads it's pants, I've already once replaced my 800 keyboard under warranty and my g7 mouse is such a piece of poo poo - really poor range, dreadful battery life, no back button, crappy sensor.

gently caress you logitech - you used to be pretty decent, now you're just same-same over priced poo poo.

What's a large mouse with a forward and back button with a decent range? I had been thinking Logitech m705 - but who am I kidding. It'll be a piece of overpriced poo poo. Any other alternatives - just gotta be big enough for someone with giant hands.

dusty fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Well if you paid attention you'd see I'm griping because all four logitech products I own which are all less than four years old are all failing. No warranty for suckers like me out in the boondocks beyond 12 months, sorry champ but thanks for mentioning it. Perhaps read a post before you respond to it you, really just repsonded like a fanboi. I own more of their poo poo than you, you'd know this if you read the post before replying.

I'm glad to hear you like your stuff, But seriously the last six or so loving products failed within expected life span. Their stuff just isn't great in my testing - they charge for quality (I think my g7 was around $140-180 here, my mx700 over $300) but deliver pretty ordinary poo poo. Over and over and over and over. I don't own anything but logitech and it's time to get off the bandwagon.

They peaked with the mx700

Anyone got a big mouse beyond this sub-par logitech stuff? Wondering about the $20 generics - at least you know they'll be poo poo.

dusty fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 24, 2013

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

AutoFool posted:

The logitech hate just makes me want to chime in and say my mx518 that is at least 7 years old is still working strong. Pretty sure people who complain about their poo poo breaking need to stop being so ham fisted.

I have been thinking about picking up a new mouse though and cannot decide between the 602 and the FUNC-3. I've read good reviews about both in this thread and I am just wondering if anyone had any experience with both. The wireless of the 602 is calling to me as my mx performance that I use with my laptop has been great even though it just turned 5 and has been dropped long distances many times on hard surfaces.

Mx series were beautiful - mouse on my friend. I don't think you'll be as impressed with current stuff though - it is a lot nastier [imho].

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

I think some people just have an unreasonable expectation for how long a thing you pay $50 for should last. 3 years is a long time, I'd be very happy for a mouse to last that long.

Over here the Logitech distributor prices their stuff 2-6 times higher than US pricing. How long should a $300 mouse last? Cause I paid more than that for my mx700 and it was fabulous value for money.

The new gear... not so much.

The sad thing is though that Logitech gear definitely used to be better quality - which is why I own so much of their stuff. I still love my k800 keyboard even though the number keypad on this replacement is failing. It's a shame they've lowered the bar from where they used to be.

----
Hmmmm.
It might be worth getting that g700s from Amazon and paying obscene freight forward charges. We can be assured it'll fail within a few years, but what wont?

Oh poo poo MX700 still for sale, recommend you buy and stockpile prepper style--- http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX70...&keywords=mx700

dusty fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 25, 2013