Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Freakazoid_ posted:

I've been using mine for over a year and a couple months ago the mouse wheel started acting up. It hasn't interfered greatly with my gaming yet but it gets bad sometimes when browsing.

Anecdotal: I've been using a Steelseries Kana for over 8 years now and mechanically it's perfect. Only issue is the braid on the cable has frayed from where I kept pulling it against my old desk which had a rough back edge.

Having said that I am looking at replacing it, only because it's ambidextrous, and I never use the second side button because it's not comfortable to press it with my grip, so I'd like to get one with two side buttons for my thumb. Wired only, I don't like wireless input devices for my PC.

Neurosis posted:

The soon-to-be-relased Kone Pro Air looks great for anyone who's not a fan of the standard Intellimouse/Zowie shape the overwhelming majority of ergo mice have. It's like the kone pure shape with a slightly less aggressive groove on the left - the super deep thumb hole was my only complaint with that shape. 76g, wireless. Ideally I'd like it to be a few g lighter but it looks pretty damned great.

Edit: There's a wired version which is 66g. I'll definitely be getting one of those - it's a bit cheaper too at $80 compared to the wireless' $130.

This actually looks pretty interesting, anyone have any first hand experience with this? Or alternatives which are similar?

E: Just realised that one isnt actually out til next week.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I did it. I bought a $100 £60 mouse.

(excuse dusty keyboard)

I got the new Steelseries Rival 5, which has buttons I'll likely never use (whoever thought the weird toggle button on the edge above the side buttons was a good idea needs a stern talking to), but three side buttons which will be comfortable for me to use.

Also the LEDs are REALLY loving BRIGHT. I had to turn the side parts down to the lowest brightness and set the colour to 0,18,0 to get an acceptable level of light from them, which is a lot less IRL than the camera suggests.

Overall though it feels like a straight upgrade from my old Kana. Same nice click feel that Steelseries do well, a nice weight and shape.