Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I love my MX Revolution. I had actually purchased a MX1000 when they first came out. About 2 years after I got my MX1000 I was at the BX and I went and looked at the "stuff that got returned that we sell for 50% off just to get rid of it" shelf. In there was an MX Revolution for $40. I bought it immediately. I have loved that mouse more than anything. I do think after ready about the RAT 9 I think I will purchase one of those come January 15th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I miss my MX1000 so bad, I had the wireless receiver plugged into the side of my laptop and my wife accidentally knocked it over and it snapped the wireless receiver in half :( . I got it as an "open box" item and I loved it every day I had it. I currently use a Razer Naga, and while it's fun I don't use the side buttons to the full advantage that I could.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Right now on Best Buy's website when you buy the Razer Huntsman TE Keyboard (wired TKL, RGB keyboard) you get Razers new Viper mouse for free.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My post does sound very "schill"y now that I re-read it. I've just been a Razer fan since the Boomslang :-/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm digging the Viper so far. I never realized how heavy the Naga was until I compared them

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I bought a MX Revolution in like late 2006 and that mouse was awesome. It replaced my MX1000 (which replaced my Viper). Logitech did (does?) make a really good mouse. The Revolution was great.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I love my MX Revolution. I had actually purchased a MX1000 when they first came out. About 2 years after I got my MX1000 I was at the BX and I went and looked at the "stuff that got returned that we sell for 50% off just to get rid of it" shelf. In there was an MX Revolution for $40. I bought it immediately. I have loved that mouse more than anything. I do think after ready about the RAT 9 I think I will purchase one of those come January 15th.

Haha post from 2010. I did not remember using my MX1000 for so long.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
After about a week of using the Razer Viper I really loving like it a lot. It's so lightweight compared to the Naga. The scroll wheel has a nice "weight" to it. One thing I do miss is having the DPI switching button being readily accessible.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

NotNut posted:

got a new mousepad at the rubber smell is overwhelming

Oh God yes. I hate that.

https://www.amazon.com/Reflex-Lab-Extended-Stitched-Waterproof/dp/B00WY1BDZE

This is the best mouse pad I've ever owned.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Joe Man posted:

Also taking your advice! While 32" would be perfect straight on for my main, the 36" width is long enough where I can angle it to include my work laptop's mouse too (which has terrible tracking problems on the bare desk forcing me to unplug/replug constantly). Thanks!

I hope you like it! I've never had a 5mm thick mousepad and it's so loving comfortable. I wish they made a 48 x 24 pad because I want to cover my entire desk in one.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I went from a 160g+ mouse to a sub 60g mouse and it's amazing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to be working from home for awhile. I'm currently using a very cheap Logitech wireless setup for keyboard and mouse. The mouse has poor tracking and the keyboard is physically uncomfortable for me to use after awhile.

Is there a keyboard / mouse combo anyone recommends? I would prefer one receiver for both and under $50. I would prefer a mechanical keyboard but am ok with whatever.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 2, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

curiousCat posted:

What could one mouse cost? 10 bananas?

I use a $30 mouse and get by okay, I don't know why you'd need a $100 one.

What mouse do you use?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I got the Viper a few months back when Razer was bundling it with the Huntsman TKL keyboard in May or June. I replaced a Naga, I love how lightweight the Viper is (it's like 62g or something like that). It doesn't have much flash to it (the Razer logo is the only RGB part of the mouse) but yeah I think it's pretty drat good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm looking for a deskmat. I have some specific things I want. I would like it to be black and blue (or have blue on it somewhere) and I would like it to be 48" x 24" so it covers my whole desk.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Minorkos posted:

I got tendonitis in my right forearm and using my Zowie EC1-A with my left hand wasn't very practical, so I decided to get an ambidextrous mouse. I figured I could use the same mouse later with my rightie as well (figured my EC1-A could have partially caused the tendonitis in the first place) so I got a Razer Viper. At first I didn't really like it since I'm used to palming bigger mice and the Viper isn't that big, but in a way I feel like the fact that it's smaller and lighter makes it easier to palm and click without strain. On the other hand, my EC1-A feels nicer to hold in a static position, but as soon as I need to move it or click with it, I can feel the very prominent hump driving into my palm and kind of straining my fingers.

It seems kind of counter-intuitive to me that a smaller mouse is easier to palm, but it looks like that's the case for me. I'm not entirely sure if I'll stick with the Razer Viper since I dislike the ambidextrous thing and it is pretty cramped for my fingers, so really I'd need a mouse with the EC1-A's length/width but with a lot less height. Maybe one of the newer Deathadders would strike a decent balance. Blog over

I have the same mouse and I agree with you 100%. I didn't think I would like it coming from a Naga (which is a gigantic loving mouse) but I love it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
As I was reading your post I was thinking "Razer Viper" then I saw you didn't like the Viper. It's what I've been using, I have big hands and love it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fruits of the sea posted:

I’m looking for a new gaming mouse, wondering if the combo below exists:

No lights or lights that can be turned off permanently (was originally looking at a Corsair mouse, but apparently it reverts to default lighting when the pc is turned off).

Fits a medium to small hand, so not too big

Some thumb buttons that aren’t spongey. Mouse wheel that clicks left and right is nice.

You are looking for the Razer Viper. The Razer logo is RGB but that can be turned off in Synapse, and if you don't want to use synapse your hand literally covers the logo. Also if your PC is powered down the logo is not lit up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

redreader posted:

So if I want a basic normal gaming mouse should I just look at what razer has to offer? Can someone name a couple of recommended mouse make+models for fps'ing please? Not super pro elite, just, gaming fps mouse.

Also can someone recommended a hard mouse pad of a good size? I got a pad but it's a little small.

Razer Viper
Razer Basilisk
Razer Death Adder

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Those mice with the honey comb patterns cut in them, do they leave weird patterns on your hands or anything?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I did an impulse purchase of the razer grip tape. I mainly did it because I wanted to give my Viper some texture, not because my fingers slip off of it or anything like that, but goddamn do I like the feel of it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I bought the Razer Pro Click / Type set in February and I just wanted to come say that I love the Pro Click mouse.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Has anyone used the Razer Pro Click? What do you think about it vs. The Logitech MX 3?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm a Razer fanboy. I would throw out the Basilisk v3 or the Viper

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hyperlynx posted:

Well... how long have your Razer mice lasted you? I switched from them when my Diamondback only made it a few years, though this was over a decade ago.

I've had my Viper for 2 years and my Naga Ornata Chroma for about 5. I use the Naga as a work mouse now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hyperlynx posted:

Huh... in that case, a Razer DeathAdder V2 looks like all I need...

Does "optical switch" include all the buttons? Even the mousewheel button?

edit: actually, gently caress it. It's just $69, my old mouse doesn't work anyway, and I can pop out to my local shop and pick one up today. I'll just go get one...

I have bigger hands and while the Viper is totally acceptable, everytime I go to Micro Center the Deathadder is the one I love.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hyperlynx posted:

:psyduck: Do you not use a web browser? Do you not open tabs? Do you laboriously RMB -> Open In New Tab every time? Or do you have a separate nongaming mouse that you switch to when you're not gaming?

TIL you can middle clock and open a new tab directly

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I used middle click to close tabs, but for some reason it never dawned on me that you could middle click to open tabs too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

K8.0 posted:

You think that's pretty huge? This is a large mouse pad.

I'll one up you (I have this one for my desk)

XL Mouse Pads - (Black, 4XL (60'' x 30'')) https://a.co/d/5ap75Jh

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Minorkos posted:

I'd have personally loved a Razer Viper+, for example.

I went from the Logitech MX Revolution, to the original Naga to the Naga Chroma. Going to the Viper from using mice that big for literally 15 years was a shock, I don't mind it though, it's comfortable and responsive, but if it was maybe just a bit bigger all around I would be in heaven

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really like the shape and feel of the Razer Pro Click (their productivity mouse). I have big hands and I like the curvature and the little "thumb rest" thing. I bought a Basilisk because I thought it was bigger, but I'm really not a fan of the shape and feel. Any recommendations for a bigger gaming mouse? I'm not one of those crazy ultra light mouse people. I just want something that is comfortable. I've been using a Viper for a few years and I don't mind it, I just wish it was bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I know this is 2 weeks old but I just realized this could potentially be useful to someone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB-iNt4cyE