Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So I picked up a Wireless Laser 6000 from MS last night OEM for $35, brought it into work. I generally like it, but the angle and the stiffness of the mouse wheel make me use my index finger on it, which feels wrong. Anyone know if it'll become a bit softer over time, or if there's some easy mod I could make to fix it a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

redeyes posted:

I don't know how to put this exactly but I have tried most of the wired Logitech mice and they are so bulky and heavy that I cannot fathom how anyone can use one. The wireless mice have lag and I can't stand that either. Also, high DPI cause me to freak out and I can't stand the change in sensitivity, I try and compensate by changing the mouse settings but it never matches what I am used to. The only mice I can use now are the low end wired mice like the MS comfort optical mouse 3000 and low end cheapo Logitech mice. I dunno... maybe I am just too old.

this is my most perfectest mouse:

Yeah there's really an imperceptible amount of lag (or less) with every single wireless mouse I've used - maybe there are some under certain situations, or certain mice which just suck, but wireless mice don't all have some huge lag problem.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Lediur posted:

Am I the only person disappointed at Logitech for not continuing the thumb wheel on the MX Revolution?

I've noticed a lot of people in this thread not bothering to use it, but I use it frequently to control foobar and OpenPandora (the wheel is bound to play-pause / next / previous keyboard shortcuts in SetPoint)

I guess I'm out of luck if both my MXs die.

Also, I just bind the scroll click to middle mouse. Smartshift is good enough for me.

I didn't have any problem in the store, but it comes at the expense of a fully usable regular scroll wheel. I need my side to side and click for middle click on any phone I'm using, especially when it comes in at $100.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I have this MediaPlay Cordless Mouse. It has served me so very well, but by this point, the blue rubber around the entire mouse is gone, and the rubber on the wheel is gone and it's just hard plastic.

I'd love another one of these, but they seem to be $150 for one from 3rd party sellers. I don't love it that much.

Is there anything I can get with a button that I can easily map to play/pause that won't be accidentally hit?

I have no problems with a sculpted righty mouse or a symmetrical mouse. I do want wireless. Logitech is preferred, but Microsoft makes some nice mice too.

I've also grown attached to side to side scrolling, so that's a must. Super fast scrolling might be the way to go...

The new Performance Mouse MX looks like it might be the way to go - can anyone tell me how easy it is to hit (or not hit) the bottom thumb button? Do most people hit it accidentally in every day use, or do you have to go out of your way to do so?

Also, has anyone had any experience with using a Magic Mouse in Windows on a non-mac? It's kinda gimmicky, but I could definitely enjoy it..