Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
A podcast brought up Antichamber and how it won't have gamepad support at launch. It got me thinking about mouse & keyboard couch use. Has anyone ever made a mousepad with the mouse attached by some kind of basic linkage setup? Just to keep it from flopping around and falling off the pad. I mean, I know it's kind of a silly thing, but convenience and usability do matter. Hell, it could even just have a mount and let you put whatever mouse in you want. I'd consider one if it wasn't too costly.

I looked around and couldn't find anything like this, but when searching for computer parts you often have to know the right keyword to enter. Anyone ever hear of anything like this? I bet there's something that exists for, like, industrial situations or something... though, that ain't gonna be cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Well, M570 has is freaking out. Time for a new trackball, and I was hoping for some advice on one with better build quality. I've gone through so many of these I started keeping a spare unit, which I guess says it all, and I want a trackball that's not gonna stop working in less than a year.

All fancy features aside, what's the most reliable thumb-trackball?

I'd be happy to splurge for the MX Ergo if it's actually significantly better built. I do want another thumb ball. But, I'm hesitant on throwing more money at Logitech after seeing how their M570's hold up.

Has anyone had the MX Ergo for more than a couple months? How has it held up?

Otherwise, it sounds like the Sanwa MA-WTB43 or Elecom M-XT3DR would both be fine, has anyone had problems with either of those?