Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
RIP my Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse V 1.1

I got this amazon basics mouse to replace it, but its a bit smaller in my hand. Any recommendations for a larger sized and relatively cheap mouse?

EDIT: Instead of asking a subjective question like this I went out and bought the M510 and it feels great in my hand.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I feel like im developing carpal tunnel using this M500 I bought a monthish or two ago... Before that was my WMO 1.1a which I loved dearly.

I saw previous recommendations for the steelseries rival or sensei for a replacement of the WMO. Are those good choice for those of us who claw grip our mice? I have big meaty hands and just need something that I wont cramp up using for precision work.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
From what I'm seeing the Steelseries Kana is almost identical in form factor compared to the WMO. The side buttons seem like they may be distracting, though.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Welp. I think I just snagged a brand new WMO on ebay for $16 bucks. Just listed too.

Hopefully its the real deal.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Replaced the skates on my M500 with some Teflon ones I ordered off Ebay and I am in agony. Feel like I'm overshooting with the cursor and it occasionally jumps when trying to click.

What can I do? Adjusting cursor speed doesn't seem to be helping. I'm thinking a mouse pad with a bit more friction to it? Can I order OEM skates from Logitech somehow?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Feeling like my replacement M500 is getting pretty jerky when it comes to cursor movement. Messing with sensitivity settings and trying new (steelseries) mousepads really hasn't helped.

What mouse can I get to replace it that will soothe my OCD? I do photoshop work that sometimes requires more precise mouse movements and when I'm going real slow with the cursor having it jerk around can be insanely frustrating. Not sure what I need to be looking for in a mouse to address this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My new G403 is pretty good except for the fact that the mouse wheel feels like complete mushy garbage. It doesn't have the loose problem (yet?) but scrolling up feels kind of gritty/sticky? Not horrible but subtle enough that it kind of bothers me.

In the past couple of months I did a couple of RMAs for my M500 before I just gave up and got the G403. I feel like I'm gonna get 86'd if I try to request an RMA for it. What would be a good replacement or upgrade for the G403? I like the shape, weight, tracking... just want a scroll wheel that doesn't feel like total poo poo.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 10, 2018