Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Iblys posted:

I've been contemplating getting a wireless trackball of some sort (I think it'd be great for a media PC) but haven't found any. :( I've seen some wireless keyboards that have a trackball inbuilt though, that might be the next best thing.

Logitech seem to have added this.

Which seems like the business, now to find someone who will ship it to NZ.

Hopefully will be better than my microsoft trackman explorer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Wax On posted:

Wouldn't a vibrating mouse cause your cursor to jitter every time it went off?

Yeah, I am pretty sure its not really a huge issue, or even something that most pc gamers would want.

Personally I would find it really really really annoying, and they have already had mice that rumbled, and they sucked (the only game that did much was Black & White).

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I really wanted an MX Revolution for the thumb scroll wheel, are any places still selling them for a reasonable price? Am I being dumb for wanting the old model over the MX Performance?

Its not a scroll wheel though, its a rocker switch, so you get back,forward and press as options. but it doesn't scroll like a wheel, I guess you can configure it to scroll up and down, but not sure why you would want to do that.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Hey Goo,

Any chances of a finger based trackball coming out again (ie Marble FX, or MS trackball explorer equiv ). The thumb based ones tend to hurt after a while using them.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Otherwise, it sounds like the Sanwa MA-WTB43 or Elecom M-XT3DR would both be fine, has anyone had problems with either of those?

I picked up a elcom deft wireless when I was last in japan and can recommend it. That model is a thumb ball should be fine. The drivers are a bit weird and finding the English pdf manual can be a bit of a chore. But pretty good products otherwise.