Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006
There's a pirate in your backyard!

Fallen Rib

Muscle Tracer posted:

Any recommendations for a multi-button bluetooth mouse? I generally love Logitech mice, but they seem to have totally ceased production of anything with bluetooth, and if there's an option then I'd rather not deal with the USB wireless connector.

You can get a Bluetooth MX Revolution by buying the Cordless Desktop MX5500 mouse+keyboard combo, but that's it for Logitech, so if you don't need a keyboard you probably don't want it.
The MX Revolution is awesome, but you can get better mice for less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

JohnnyCanuck posted:

IfWhen my MX Revolution dies, I'll be a sad, sad Canuck. The rubberized coating is finally flaking off after 3+ years of use. :(

Has anyone ever made a similar mouse? Thumbwheel, freescroll, buttons everywhere...

You can still buy a (bluetooth) MX Revolution inside this keyboard + mouse combo if you're willing to pay for a keyboard you won't use.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

frozenpeas posted:

Does that Logitech guy still post here? Logitech customer support have been completely ignoring my 502 warranty request for months now to the point where my warranty has RUN OUT.

Having recently dealt with shoddy Logitech support, I recommend you make a fuss over it. No joke. Post about your problem on Logitech's Facebook, Twitter, complain on their subreddit /r/LogitechG. They employ an emergency social network support group that elevates cases when users complain publicly.

Just be sure to have your receipt ready when they ask for it. If they start with a story of how your warranty is determined by date of manufacture, cut them off and say that's nonsense and that warranty is determined by date of purchase by their own rules and that you started the request well into the warranty period.

Oh, and if your country has Logitech phone support available, use that and complain to the live agent since they can't ignore you easily then.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

frozenpeas posted:

That's mad. I thought Logitech was known for its excellent CS. Has it all changed recently?

So did I. Turns out it's not quite as consistently good anymore. Some people have good experiences, but there's quite a few bad ones. The really bad ones typically consist of some support guy ignoring a support ticket for an extremely long time or messing up the warranty dates. That's when you complain and get your ticket elevated.
I complained publicly and got my problem solved within 24 hours of the social support staff noticing it. Maybe someone knows what's up, but if I were a Logitech employee I probably wouldn't badmouth the company I worked in.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

El Scotch posted:

G900, anyone?
e: Logitech asked OCN to remove the pictures from their site, so suggests authentic pictures.

Wow, this looks terrible. But then, it appears to be a symmetric gaming mouse, so it might be marketed to lefties or something.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

KingKapalone posted:

I've had a G700 for maybe 5 years and I'm occasionally getting this thing where I can't hold down left click long. Dragging files around Windows or trying to hold down auto fire on a gun, it just unclicks itself or something. I saw some people talking about this online and there wasn't really a fix. Anyone know anything? Almost makes me want a new mouse, but I know this is supposed to be a good one.

It's because your microswitches have started to go bad. If you're not already experiencing it, you'll also probably see the double-click problem very soon. There's sadly no software fix, but there are two things you can do, and both involve opening the mouse up.

There's already a decent write up on how to open the G700 here:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Disassembling+Logitech+Wireless+Gaming+Mouse+G700+Mouse+buttons/27326
You need a tiny cross screwdriver, and should probably order some new teflon feet for the mouse since there's a good chance you'll ruin them. The feet go for like $3 on eBay.

The best solution would involve a bit of soldering: completely disassemble the mouse, and unsolder the microswitches, which are the small black devices with a small white button at the top to either side of the wheel in this picture:
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/vTqkFLHJKWOTXYbl.medium
After that, solder some new ones back. Some people have apparently done this and it works, but I didn't do it personally.

A partial fix is to add some material to the bottom of the mouse button so as to increase the force the mouse button applies to the white button on the microswitch. There's a good image of the bottom of the mouse buttons here:
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/tLVFar2PTjXD2BDX.medium
The square thingies are what makes contact with the microswitch. Get some electrical tape, cut it to the size of the squares and glue it to them. Put your mouse back together and see if the problem is any better. If not, try adding one more layer of tape.
This probably won't work forever and you'll have to buy a new mouse at some point since yours is out of warranty, but it might hold for a couple of months.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mastigophoran posted:

I'd try to clean the existing microswitch's internal contacts before doing this because there's something like an array of 12 or 14 metal pins that connect the upper and lower boards, and which are all soldered in in close proximity, and without the right tool, it's non trivial to completely desolder all of these and get the entire upper board free, which you must do to get the needed access to remove the switches.
Yup, it's a bitch to do, which is why I still haven't gotten around to repairing my old G700 with something more permanent than the electrical tape method. I've never heard of a way of cleaning the internal contacts of a microswitch, so I searched around a bit and found this:
http://www.redferret.net/?p=31008

Do you think this method would work? The switches look to be identical but I could be wrong.

Also, that picture of the insides of your mouse sounds appealing, please do it!

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

eames posted:

I contacted Logitech Support a month ago regarding an issue with my G502 and received no response at all. Looking at this topic and some google results this seems to be their normal behavior now. I was a fan of the brand but wouldn't recommend them to anybody, let alone buy another product from them.

Yeah, sadly, Logitech support has went to poo poo in the last couple of years. If you want them to respond, you'll basically have to make a fuss on social networks (Facebook, the r/LogitechG subreddit, etc.). Or, if you're in the US, call the phone number instead of trying to deal with the problem over the net.
They still make hardware I can't find a replacement for and it's the only reason I continue to buy their products in spite of the poo poo support.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

Agrajag posted:

Have any of you experienced the double click problem with Logitech mice?

I've owned two Logitech mice and both developed the double click problem and it kinda annoys me. Oh, and their software that seems to always crash.

Yeah. It's caused by problematic microswitches. I ended up cleaning the microswitches from the inside and rebending the copper contact. Here's my earlier post on this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3222963&pagenumber=174&perpage=40#post457226499
There's a bit of a discussion on fixing it in the next few pages of the thread after that post. You can follow this guide to rebend the switches if you're technically inclined: http://www.redferret.net/?p=31008
Other than this, you can try soldering new switches but that's a bitch.

If your mouse is still under warranty, I'd try contacting Logitech support.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

gently caress YEAH FINALLY
ARGH

Yeah, I got excited as well and then saw it has nothing to do with the G700/G700s. The shape and the button placement is perfect and the tilt wheel is very useful. None of Logitech's newer mice really catch my eye. The G602 comes closest but that one is too crowded.

There used to be Logitech guys here -- please make a modern G700 possible :(

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib
So, it turns out that the rumored G603 mouse is a G403/G703 with a new low-power sensor:
https://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Logitech-your-new-HERO-G613-Wireless-Keyboard-and-G603-Wireless-Mouse

While that's interesting, I gotta say I'm disappointed since I still want a proper successor to the G700/G700s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dessel posted:

What's the verdict on current terrible 12 button MMO grid mice? My Logitech G600 is showing intermittent issues and they don't really sell them in Europe anymore, otherwise I'd order a new one.
I've been in a similar situation as you for quite a while -- I'm rocking a G700s and there's no replacement in sight. I was excited when I learned the Roccat Tyon and Leadr existed, but as you say one's got a subpar sensor for today's mice and the other is just way too expensive.
Unfortunately, I can't find anything else that I like. I'll probably just put aside some cash and wait till I can reason myself into spending 150 EUR on a mouse :downs: Some unopened G700 and G600 mice can still be found on eBay (not cheap though) so maybe I'll spring for one more of the same.