Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Harminoff posted:

There is a lot of ghost hits however it you use Max force, so I'll need to add a debounce.

Any info that you have that would help would be much appreciated though!

Yeah, I mean, it's a toy. I'm pretty sure the software does a degree of debouncing, but I had to debounce my drums in the controller firmware too. Drums bounce *a lot*.

I jotted down a bunch of disjointed notes at https://git.woozle.org/neale/mockband/src/branch/main/docs/tech-notes.md. A lot of what I discovered is captured in the source code, but I'd be happy to help you out with your driver, even if you just need a sounding board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

What do you do with fried and broken effects pedals? I've got an old analog delay (Axon AD-900) that seems to be bricked I'm guessing after running phantom power to it or putting the wrong A/C adapter on it, something like that. Also a Meris Mercury 7 where the the mix knob doesn't crossfade between wet/dry anymore, I can only get a hard "wet" or "dry" out of it.

I'm not much of a gear repair DIYer though not opposed to trying. Are these fixable issues for a bench fee or investment in DIY effort that's worth it given these are $200 -$400 pedals?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead

Drink-Mix Man posted:

What do you do with fried and broken effects pedals? I've got an old analog delay (Axon AD-900) that seems to be bricked I'm guessing after running phantom power to it or putting the wrong A/C adapter on it, something like that. Also a Meris Mercury 7 where the the mix knob doesn't crossfade between wet/dry anymore, I can only get a hard "wet" or "dry" out of it.

I'm not much of a gear repair DIYer though not opposed to trying. Are these fixable issues for a bench fee or investment in DIY effort that's worth it given these are $200 -$400 pedals?

Yeah for sure. Best case the Meris needs a new pot and the delay just lost a sacrificial diode in which case both should be able to be repaired inside the bench fee time allotment plus a few bucks worth of parts. Worst case you find out it's not worth the money, chuck em on reverb and you'll probably make most of your repair investment back from someone who wants to have a crack themselves.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

It's pretty common to put a Zener diode on the circuit board as insurance against overvoltage. When you send too much, the diode blows and fails closed, which makes it a short circuit.

If you can find a schematic, you should check for a Zener diode right next to where the power comes in. If not, you may be able to find it by physically inspecting the board, looking for a diode. It'll probably be a through-hole component, like with legs; not the little black squares / pieces of pepper that look like they are glued on to one side.

Unfortunately there's no way to tell whether a diode is dead without removing it from the circuit, but you only have to remove one leg. Then you get a continuity tester (I think I posted a link to a cheap one earlier ITT) and see if it passes current both ways: put the leads on each leg, then switch which leg the leads are on. A diode is only supposed to pass current in one direction. If it passes current in both configurations, you've found the blown diode! You'll need to replace it with one rated for the same voltage, I'm guessing 9 volts for a guitar effects pedal.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead
Diodes only cost literal cents, it's not worth the time to get the multimeter out, just swap it. 1N4001 are used in most circuits for this job.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

Diodes only cost literal cents, it's not worth the time to get the multimeter out, just swap it. 1N4001 are used in most circuits for this job.

It's more about the inconvenience of ordering one of every type of diode in the circuit. For hobby projects, I start with the assumption that the hobbyist's time costs nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
I also posted i the VST thread, but this might be the better thread.

I'm looking to automate my guitar player's effects for our live shows but I'm a little lost on how to do this, exactly.

I believe I have all the necessary equipment. I have Behringer V amp 2, a usb2midi and Reaper. I'm just confused about how to go about selecting the specified patch on the v amp with midi. Here is the manual https://www.manua.ls/behringer/v-amp-2/manual and under "midi implementation" there seems to be no patch selection, but it says in the manual that you can do this with a midi foot pedal, so I'm assuming I should be able to do this with Reaper?

I already use midi with Reaper to control our dmx lights, so I know how to use reaper to transmit midi, but I feel that's a bit simpler as I just have Reaper output to a virtual midi cable which is picked up by QLC+ and then send through a usb2dmx cable to my lights.

I'm just lost with how to do this with this pedal and I've never used a midi foot controller before either. Any help would be appreciated!