Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«131 »
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving
And something has got to give

Ultra Carp

teenytinymouse posted:

I'm getting a couple of cats soon once we move house and I dunno how you recover when they die after being around every day for 10 fuckin years. Might have to get some geriatric cats with like 2-3 years left on the cloak to ease myself into it.

Delurking to say that, if that's even a remotely serious idea, it's a really good one. There are a lot of older and/or sick cats in shelters and they're hard to find homes for, so if you can give a loving home to a cat with less time left, you'll be doing a very kind thing.

Okay, that's all, back to lurking to look at the excellent rodent photos in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

Just remember it can get really expensive and sometimes time intensive to care for an elderly animal.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

College Slice

Also some people consider cats old at 12-15, but I had a friend who's cat just died and it was well over 25, he reckoned 28, and I've had two cats live over 20. They might be around longer than you think...

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Antivehicular posted:

Delurking to say that, if that's even a remotely serious idea, it's a really good one. There are a lot of older and/or sick cats in shelters and they're hard to find homes for, so if you can give a loving home to a cat with less time left, you'll be doing a very kind thing.

Okay, that's all, back to lurking to look at the excellent rodent photos in this thread

Oh it is 100% genuine! I volunteer up at an animal shelter and I'll be taking some older kitties home from there. I said to one of the girls I would prefer an older bonded pair and she was so delighted you'd think I'd handed her a cheque for a million pounds lol. I haven't met any of the cats yet as one person is doing all the work in there to keep social distancing and I only really work with the horses but I have waved through the window!

Nettle Soup posted:

Also some people consider cats old at 12-15, but I had a friend who's cat just died and it was well over 25, he reckoned 28, and I've had two cats live over 20. They might be around longer than you think...
Honestly the rehoming drop off is more like 2-3 when you can't realistically say they're a kitten anymore! People are terrible!

Kittens are stressful, I don't see the overwhelming appeal to be totally honest. We had 5 born in the shed when I was a teenager and that's enough kitten for me for a lifetime.

Here is Raggie to keep thread on track
https://twitter.com/Shannonmcn/stat...4800594945?s=19

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

tehehe

we adopted a stray 12 year old maine coon and he is an amazing cat

«131 »